“Fish was fine, atmosphere lacking”
Review of Wood's Seafood

Wood's Seafood
Ranked #2 of 210 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant on the strength of Tripadvisor reviews; we both ordered grilled swordfish steaks with rice and coleslaw. The fish was good, but there's more to a dining experience than the food. One orders from a counter and receives a number, the plates are disposable and the utensils are plastic. I wasn't expecting Meissen china and silver cutlery, but the atmosphere was definitely fast-food, a sort of piscatorial McDonald's, and the rice and coleslaw very ordinary. We won't be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place never fails me for the best seafood . Right on the Town Wharf. Very casual seating but worth the wait anytime! Been going there for over 40 yrs. always great.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Have not been to Woods for a number of years but since I have relocated to VA, I was just dying for some great NE seafood. The clams did not disappoint. Great clam roll, buttery with sweet, crispy clams inside and falling over the sides. They did not give me tartar sauce (are you kidding??), but I did ask and they corrected that error. The fries were somewhat unremarkable but the clam chowder was appallingly bad. It was so thick my spoon could stand up in it. It was just overthickened and tasteless. Felt things could have been a bit cleaner table wise and also the bathrooms. I would go again, but only for the clams.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I read the review of Wood's Seafood and went there the first evening we were in Plymouth. I was happy to see the location and hoped for a great experience. I expected a casual restaurant, but this place was dirty! The carpeting was filthy, and everything felt sticky. I realize it's a seafood restaurant, but the place smelled sour to me. Our lobster rolls were good, but the surroundings ruined the food for me. We were in Plymouth almost a week and went to Wood's only once.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great prices for fresh seafood. Casual family atmosphere. Where else can you get 2 lobster dinner for 22 bucks? Lobster bisque was really yummy and the beer plenty cold!