“Good food, good price, good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wood's Seafood

Wood's Seafood
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Amboy, Illinois
“Good food, good price, good location”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We asked at the plantation for a good seafood place and they recommended Wood's Seafood, they were correct! I had the fried shrimp-more shrimp then what I would get at home and FRESH! My friend had the lobster roll and said it was great. Just a little place at the end of the street, with a couple of parking spaces right in front, something you might overlook but should stop in and try!

Atlanta, GA
“Rankings don't always ring true”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were in Plymouth for the Mayflower and Plimouth Plantation, and just happened to be around lunch time. We used our trip advisor app and it said Wood's was the best. Even though we had seen reviews talking about tasteless food and over-fried food, we still tried it. Sorry, but the prior reviews were right! The food was tasteless and the fried food had no flavor. The flavor came from whatever you dipped your fried oysters or french fries in. The only saving grace was their shrimp cocktail was good. Kinda difficult to mess that one up. To try to keep a "safe" order, I ordered the chicken breast sandwich also. Sorry, it was a round processed patty that was disgusting and looked more like a coaster you put on your coffee table than something you ate; tasted like it too. Please learn from our mistakes made...just because it is on the water doesn't mean it will be great, but just because it is on the water doesn't mean it will be aweful.

Stoughton, Massachusetts
“Definitely Real New England”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is real New England. I ordered the clambake, and I received the largest meatiest clams you can imagine, along with an extremely tasty boiled lobster, homemade clam chowder, and french fries. We sat at the picnic tables, outback on the pier with the accompanying seagulls and seafaring birds. Our other meal was a fisherman’s platter which was done to perfection with a very lightly battered crust. This is a recommendation that I feel very confident in when you want real New England seafood taste. The only issue I have is that the town of Plymouth has become extremely greedy and there is no free parking, as it had been since the days when the Pilgrims landed. The fee was a dollar per hour, and if you are a tourist then I expect, you won't mind. But when you've lived here, all of your life and you are a New Englander you take exception to the greed of the government. But adding this fee still makes this restaurant, a worthwhile and reasonable cost.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Superior seafood”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Absolutely superior seafood. I had fried haddock and wife a boiled whole lobster. Fries and cole slaw were fresh and delicious. Haddock was cooked perfectly and was a very generous portion. The lobster was also perfect according to my wife. Atmosphere is rustic, self-serve, but it was fine. My kind of place when on the road. Not pretentious, just good New England seafood, fresh, cooked perfectly and at a very reasonable price.

Sarasota, Florida
“Fresh Seafood!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food was really good! I had the whole belly clams which were market priced and my partner had the double lobster, also market priced. Both dishes were very fresh served with french fries that were not greasy at all. The lobsters were boiled to order and the whole belly clams were fried perfectly. Coleslaw was vinegar based and also very fresh. With a soft drink the bill came to $54.00 which is about average. All in all, Wood's is a great place to stop and eat. The view of the harbor was worth the trip.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Wood's Seafood? Share your experiences!