“Great view with your meal”

Isaac's on the Waterfront
Ranked #23 of 232 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ate at the bar for lunch with beautiful views of the harbor. The decor is dated with mirrors and marble everywhere which reminded me of 80;s restaurants. Had a bloody Mary which was not spicy enough despite my request. Beers were cold but not much on tap. Food was good but not what I was looking for in a lunch. Most of the menu options were pasta or fried. We had a pear salad and house salad top with scallops which were excellent. The other couple tried the scampi which was a huge portion and said it was good and fried fish. Both were happy with the meal. While the place was empty, bar tenders were sparse. I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back but it wasn't bad.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Last November we were in Plymouth and ate here and the service and food where great back then. We were looking forward to eating here again, but we were very disappointed ! The waitress was rude and grumpy! The Ritz cracker baked lobster was more Ritz crackers than lobster and the lobster was over cooked and tasted bad, the baked scallops had more Ritz crackers than scallops. The prime rib was well past it’s prime and was tough! Literally the only thing that was good, was the claim chowder.. don’t order anything else or skip altogether ! I don’t know if there was a complete staff change or what, but we will not ever come back here.. save your clams and eat somewhere else !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

3/15/2019 - Went there for lunch. we sat at the bar, the view of the harbor is spectacular. We order Buffalo Chicken wing for an appetizer with a couple of cocktails. The chicken wings came out in a plate in a puddle of some red juice, I assume it was the buffalo flavoring. I used a stack of bar napping to soak some of it up but even at that the chicken was SUPER greasy. Not recommended. I ordered the baked scallops for lunch. First off this place in on the water front but the scallops had an old taste to them, that is what could be tasted since they we saturated it way too much butter. The french fries that came with the meal were typical frozen out of a bag into a deep fryer, little pieces not real tasty. I spoke with the waiter about both the app and the meal and got a bit of a shrug but no offer to do anything. Oh well lesson learned. This is my third try at this restaurant and shame on me for allowing three disappointments. Won't be a 4th. This use to be the place to eat at in Plymouth, I don't know what happened. But I would go elsewhere if I were in town.

Reviewed February 18, 2019

We got swordfish and also white wine seafood scampi. Excellent meal; good portion. I would have cooked the scallops better (they were almost boiled, but oh well). Great taste for the sauce. Nice, Love Boat atmosphere...ok, a little dated. Standard rolls/butter. I do love the oil dip at other restaurants. Nice service and quiet dining. Location is perfect on the water in Plymouth.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019

We were last here in December for dinner and the food and service was wonderful. To.day we were there at midday. The restaurant was not crowded and I can find no reason for the frustrating slow service. We waited 30 minutes for our meals to arrive. The food was just warm and my husband said his burger tasted like cardboard. The other 2 meals of seafood were good Our server seemed overwhelmed and several things were incorrect. It appears you can reserve a seat at the bar with the bartender, as we were turned away from the seats we tried to sit in. I will remember this for the next time , if ever, that I return.

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to Isaac's on the Waterfront? Share your experiences!