“Not Pleased with the Owner of Isaac's”

Isaac's on the Waterfront
Ranked #14 of 207 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Not Pleased with the Owner of Isaac's”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My family had a terrible experience in December of 2012. I have been waiting for a formal apology from the owner, but have not received one. This is what happened. The manager of the restaurant was indeed very accomodating for a luncheon my family wanted to hold there after a memorial Mass for my mother. She was very understanding as the arrangements were made to make use of the Dorothy Room for about 80 family and friends.
It was raining particularly hard as the lunch began. The ceiling tiles were loaded with water and fell on the table I was seated at and actually landed on one of my friends. No one was hurt, just very wet and full of insulation. The waitresses and busboys handled the situation with grace and professionalism. Contrary to the excellent response of the staff, the owner hid in his office and did not come out to see if we were OK or if anyone was hurt. I understand that accidents happen and the owner did not purposefully create the situation. But, I had to seek him out in his office where he was hiding. When I told him my frustration with the situation, his cold response was "What do you want me to do?" He did compensate us for a few meals for those guests seated at the table where the tiles fell on. (I am sure he made out with his insurance claim, although he tried to foist that off as something only the buidling owner could do - really? - no business insurance?) The compesantory meals where a nice gesture - but where was the compassion or concern?

1 Thank Dawn M

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Just Average”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Host/Hostess needs to get a personality. They are the first person that a guest sees and is seated by when coming in. They start off the feel for the restaurant and they do not do very well at it. Most times just seating you without even saying a word. A smile can go a long way but that seems to be hard for them too. Shame. The food itself is usually pretty good. The Lobster Fantasy is pricey but a family favorite. Wait staff we have found to be the same as the host/hostesses though on occasion we get a nice one. I think the ones that have been there a while are the ones who come off unpleasant. Yes, the view is nice and the food is ok but i just cannot go above average mainly due to staffing issues that make you feel your not welcomed.

2 Thank hippiemoose
Carver, Massachusetts
“Recent Changes”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Isaacs had been one of my favorites for a long time but they appeared to become somewhat complacent for about six months. NOW, they have really had a terrific push on to jazz up their menu. Always check the specials board. For the past couple of months, the specials have been outstanding and very fairly priced. Give the baked stuffed lobster a try. The view is lovely and the outside deck during warm weather is great. They are back to one of my top 5 again.

1 Thank mecasey
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Birthday celebration”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family went to Isaac's for my husband's birthday. It was really great. The Specials were excellent. I had the baked stuffed lobster. It was soooo delicious! My husband had the seafood medlee. He had to take it home & we had it as a next day dinner for him. My daughter's boyfriend had the swordfish dish...Delicious.since I had the left overs!!! Great place.

• Visited January 2013
“Too much”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Off season the place was packed on a Friday night. The food was great, the staff were great, great vibe.
But a word of caution, one meal will feed you and a family of four for a week!
Fresh off the plane I ordered a starter of chicken wings, 20 must have appeared. Followed by steak, we could not see the table for meat, fries and veg! All delicious but sad to waste so much as we just couldn't eat it all.