“Great little place”

Park Place Tavern
boston, mass
“Great little place”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent Homemade food with New Orleans flavor! Great view of Harbor from outside deck. Serves Breakfast all day, what could be better than that!

• Visited July 2013

Dedham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SEAFOOD CHOWDER”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The best seafood chowder-ever.....loved everything about the tavern. The service was fantastic. A true gem in Plymouth. My husband had the Livey which is a chicken sandwich,loved it. We were greeted immediatly as soon as we entered the tavern,extremely friendly. All in all a wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2013
Cape Cod
“Will never go to this place!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I bought a Groupon for Park Place Tavern. A great way to try new places to eat. I was supposed to get two appetizers, four side salads, and four entrees. I called to see if they took reservations before we went since it is about an hour away. I was told they don't and also they were not excepting Groupons. They said some thing about a machine being broken. Did not make sense since the food was already paid for, they could take the Groupon and enter it when their machine was working. I checked again after the Groupon expired to see if they would honor it since we couldn't use it earlier. I was told they are not excepting them at all, apparently not even for the price I paid for it. I was told that they would have the manager call when he got in if I wanted to discuss it with him. More than twenty four hours later and no call. Even if they would honor the cost I already paid, why would I want to eat at such a dishonest establishment anyway.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lawrence O
Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We just returned from eating here and we can't stop talking about how great it was. First of all we had a Groupon and we read that people have had trouble using it, but we called first and they said no problem and when we got there they took it with no hesitation. The food was sooooo good. Everything was large portion and very hot and fresh. My husband is a french fries fanatic, and we read that they can be soggy, but his were so hot we couldn't even eat them for a few minutes and so crispy. Perfect!!! We can't wait to go back and even without the Groupon it still will be worth it. Great prices, great food, and great service!!!

• Visited May 2013
Beverly, Massachusetts
“My kind of place”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After taking a couple of laps around the Plymouth downtown looking for a parking spot, one appeared right in front of this little gem. We sat down and settled in to one of those neighborhood bars that felt like home. The owner (?) bartender was quick, friendly and attentive.

My wife had a scallop/salad dish that she raved about. I had a beef tenderloin sandwich which is now my NEW all time favorite sandwich! My mouth is watering as I write this, remembering the taste of this sandwich. Included is french fries and onion rings cooked to perfection, no grease.

On top of that, he poured a perfect Guinness including the shamrock. I'm waiting for quitting time right now to go and get another one.

The only bad thing I can say about this place is it's 75 miles from my house. ROAD TRIP!

• Visited April 2013