“Okay, not great”

Ranked #4 of 210 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lobster Hut, Seafood at its best.
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Our meals were okay but not as good as one of the other local places. The dining area was not super clean but the folks were very pleasant.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside overlooking Plymouth Harbor. The seafood was fantastic. Very fresh and tasty!

It's a great place!!

1  Thank alohal
Reviewed May 24, 2014

For a true New England seafood experience, this restaurant is the place to go .The meals are ordered off a take out menu, but the quality of the seafood is first rate. They do have booth and table seating for your dining pleasure, and they do serve alcohol, and the location right on the waterfront , is second to none. Kudo's to Lobster Hut.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Located right on the water. Free parking by the building. The interior is bright and clean with what appeared to be new red leatherette fabric on all the booths and chairs. This is very casual. You place your order and pay for your food, then seat yourself and wait for your number to be called. When you finish you clean up after yourself. My husband had looked forward to having a steamed lobster, so we were surprised when they told us that they had no lobster - that they were not in season. We've never heard that before and during our trip throughout New England this was the only place we heard that. My husband ordered the Haddock Fish and Chips and I ordered a bowl of clam chowder. The haddock was lightly battered and very flakey so had to eaten with a fork. My chowder was tasty. It had a nice number of soft clams - I thought they could have added a few more potatoes. There was a lot of liquid with nothing in it. After we were finishing eating I noticed someone with a lobster roll. It was heaped with lobster meat and looked wonderful. That would have obviously been a better choice for my husband. One thing we thought was odd was that they had the air conditioning cranked on "high" and it was really cold. Everyone had their coats on to eat. The prices are reasonable. Our total bill was $21.25. The location is ideal for ocean views. I think we would go there again if in the area, but we would be more prepared for what we might face and order differently.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I went there as a child and each time I visit Plymouth this is a must stop restaurant. The scallops are to die for. Eating them on the ocean is so nice. Large portions can be shared although you will probably not want to share.

Been to Lobster Hut? Share your experiences!