“This is fast food?”

Ranked #4 of 210 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Lobster Hut, Seafood at its best.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My brother in law suggested we have lunch at the Lobster Hut. My husband ordered the swordfish. It was a very large portion and cooked to perfection. How many times do you get perfection at fast food?
He said the clam chowder was all right, pretty hard to follow up after the clam chowder at Legal Seafood.
I had the fried shrimp. They were good, but I would have liked mine a bit crunchier.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Lobster Hut is not a fancy place, but it is fresh, fast, authentic, and delicious. You can have a delicious lobster roll or an entire lobster on a paper plate, on the back porch overlooking the Plymouth waterfront, which is absolutely spectacular. We stopped here on our way down from Boston to Martha's Vineyard and we are so glad we did. We were in very casual traveling clothes and had a meal we will always remember.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was the perfect spot to get yummy seafood with 2 young children. Counter service is quick, and seating is casual. The Fisherman's Platter for 2 was full of delicious tender fried clams -- the best I can ever remember having, excellent haddock, shrimp, and scallops. Not too greasy or overbreaded. 6 and 2 year old loved the haddock and the shrimp too. Chowder was chock full of large clams. Only negative thing is that they don't do free refills of their Diet Pepsi products. Strange.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a party if six, a late lunch and big appetites! This restaurant filled our stomachs with delicious fresh seafood! Quick service!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a fast food seafood restaurant that is definitely no frills, but serves an excellent product. My wife and I enjoyed the fried oyster plate which was plentiful, hot and delicious. Probably the best oysters I have ever eaten. You place your order at the counter, find a seat, and wait for your number to be called. The wait is not long. Drinks are self-serve and everything is served on paper plates. Prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend it if you are visiting Plymouth.

1  Thank dniv67

Been to Lobster Hut? Share your experiences!