“I'd go back!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Abington, Massachusetts
“I'd go back!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had Dinner at Nix's tonight on a Groupon. We did have the Skewer Shrimp appetizer(is that all? only three) but entree's (Beef Tips and Lobster Macaroni) were great along with the service. Had live entertainment..I'd go back!

• Visited November 2013

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“We're Nixing Nix's”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife had a Groupon coupon for this restaurant which was about to expire so we trooped on down on a Thursday evening at 5:30pm. We were the only dinners in the place. Other than two people at the bar, who might have been working there, we were alone. We had our choice of window seats overlooking the harbor. Our waitress Stephanie was one of the two highlights of the evening. Young, friendly and knowledgeable. I asked for a wine list which they didn't have, even though there was a beer list and specialty cocktail list. They did have two Chardonnays, a house wine and a Sterling Napa Valley Chardonnay. By the glass $11 but by the bottle $29. Retails for $18 so the bottle price was very good by today's standard. We both ordered, I the half chicken and my wife the pork special. Both entrees were tough and the vegetables weren't very well done. A very poor execution of both meals. Not sure how they are going to make it through the winter months till the tourists come back.

• Visited November 2013
“Nix is not a good time.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been there twice. First time was in the summer and I kind of liked it but my husband did not. I had a good turkey burger that night. We went back last Saturday. They we were having a function in the back which was their priority. Had to wait awhile for hostess to seat us. Tables had been removed for the function which made the atmosphere uninviting. We never got bread after asking twice. Evidently it all went to the function. They were out of the wine I ordered and my turkey burger was terrible. Will not go back. The only redeeming value: there was a really good singer/guitar player.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kara M
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Restaurant Impossible needs to gut this place!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Heard such good things of the nix's in boston. Don't be fooled about the Plymouth location, it'll be closed in less than 12 months. The kitchen could not accommodate at half capacity. Heard the hostess tell others waiting to be seated that there are a lot of reservations tonight. Don't lie to them when it's 8pm and half the tables in the restaurant are empty, that ticks people off!
Our appetizers were cold and the chicken wings were dry with barely any meat(skin & bones!!! mmm tastey!!! really? how can you even serve that??)The potatoes were cold with every entree that came to the table. Don't get the lobster ravioli...Blah!
They seem understaffed, on the floor & in the kitchen.(even the bartenders were serving food to the tables, nice of them to help but not their roles, especially when they have their own customers. This establishment has potential but they will flop every time. Very nice looking place though, if you do go, just order drinks and eat somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank KB1117
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Awesome lobster roll!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've come here before with some friends and family. Today I went for a lunch meeting. The server was great as usual and this afternoon I ordered the lobster roll. Hands down one of the best I've ever had.

• Visited October 2013