“Excellent food & service!”
Review of 42 Degrees North

42 Degrees North
Ranked #6 of 215 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New Restaurant - seafood -excellent!!!!
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We ate here on Thanksgiving. Usually holidays tend to make things chaotic at restaurants but not here. If things go this smoothly on a busy holiday I can not wait to see how nice they are on a regular day! I can not wait to go back! We had turkey for lunch and had made reservations here for dinner so we would have choices other than turkey. We originally called a month before we left on our trip and from that first phone call the service was above and beyond. The man on the phone was so friendly and helpful and even told us to call him when we arrived in the Plymouth and we would give us directions.
We arrived early and even though our reservation on this busy night was almost an hour away they got us a table right away! We did not see the regular full menu as Thanksgiving was limited menu. They had several choices, Turkey, Prime rib, Seafood, chicken. It all sounded and looked wonderful. They had a 2lb lobster dinner that looked amazing but I knew we were having lobster the next day for lunch so we went with the prime rib.
Everything was wonderful, the service, the bread and dipping oil. I had a delicious salad with blue cheese. When the prime rib started arriving they brought my 11 year old son's CHILD'S meal. I stopped our server thinking there was a mistake. I said that he had ordered the child's prime rib and that must be the adults. She smiled and said No that was indeed the child's portion...
When our dinner arrived I understood. I have never in my life had such a good quality cut of prime rib , nor had I seen this size cut. They called it the "king cut". It was amazing as were the veggies. The plate came with mashed potatoes, mashed carrots, corn, peas and pearl onions all displayed on a long rectangular plate. I do believe one piece of that prime rib could have fed my whole family. The best part? The unbelievable price! I still can not believe we had such a fantastic holiday meal in a lovely surrounding with perfect service for such a low bill! We can not wait to go back! Thank you 42 Degrees North for making our Thanksgiving so special!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

It is a spacious, light filled restaurant. Quite open. This might work a little against it for dinner, but is fine for lunch. Nice outside deck for the good weather. Great menu, some different items to choose from, this makes it an easy place to go to regularly.. Generous portions, good prices, great wait staff. Fantastic fish tank!!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Been meaning to write review here it is: Visited for lunch on a sunny day. The deck was hot, had to ask for umbrella waited a while and it wasn't busy. The place was loaded with flies, fruit flies & horse flies that were biting us, we had to cover our drinks with napkins and constantly wave the flies away. It was so annoying; we were very disgusted actually. Scallops were cold and raw. Sent them back and still cold. There was a serious stench near the out door bathrooms near our table. Our guess it was not the patrons but a plumbing/septic issue possibly the cause for the excessive fly population. Very disappointing experience, will never return. Don't recommend. Blythe M

5  Thank Blythe2
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We loved this restaurant! I had the pork and clams and my partner had a seafood stew. We were both very happy with our choices and look forward to a return visit to sample more of their interesting menu!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a nice brunch. Restaurant accommodated a large group of us. Food was good and plentiful. Great value for the money.

Been to 42 Degrees North? Share your experiences!