“A Totally Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 42 Degrees North

42 Degrees North
Ranked #13 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New Restaurant - seafood -excellent!!!!
boston
“A Totally Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

From the time my wife and I entered 42 Degrees North until the time we left, we had one of the most wonderful dining experiences we have ever had. The hostess at the entrance was very nice as she explained it would be about a 30-minute wait for a table but asked if we would like to sit at the bar. We chose the latter after being assured we could order off the full menu. We had a terrific server, Melanie, who mixed a fabulous white sangria. She also brought excellent bread and oil (butter for my wife). We had seen 42 Degrees North featured on a local TV dining show and one of the meals it centered on was bake stuffed lobster. I chose to order it and it was incredible!!!!! One of the best meals I have ever had. It was a 2-pound lobster with fabulous stuffing that included lobster claw meat, sauteed scallops and topped with moist seafood stuffing and shrimp. My sides were excellent sweet potato fries and some of the best cole slaw I have ever eaten. In the meantime, my wife ordered an Italian chopped salad that my wife enjoyed. Reason she ordered just a salad was that she wanted to save room for an unbelievable dessert--peanut butter ice cream pie--chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream with peanut butter, hot fudge, whipped cream...We also loved sitting at the bar because we met and talked with some interesting people...It was an hour drive to get from our house to 42 degrees north. I would drive twice as long to get there. It was a totally wonderful experience....Almost forgot, there is a beautiful outdoor dining area but it was too hot the night we went there. So, we opted for the air-conditioned restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We had heard good comments about 42 North and dropped in for lunch. Service was good but the fried clam rolls could not compare with others we've had in the area and the fries were overcooked. We've crossed this place off our list of restaurants to go to when in Manomet.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SuQue
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great lobster rolls and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped in on our way back from the cape after seeing this place on the phantom gourmet. We both got lobster rolls and I got the sweet potato fries. The food was delicious, and service was great, constantly checking on us, and were able to eat outside, even though not much of a view besides the road. The bathrooms by the outdoor bar were super clean and nice. And the outdoor bar looked really nice and I bet does a good business with the locals during the summer time. Very happy and my girlfriend asked if we could go back there next time coming home.

• Visited June 2013
weymouth estate
“Very nice casual place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

First time there,what a pleasant surprise
Very nice and clean inside
Sat at the bar and had great service from the start
Got to see the rest of the restaurant and saw very attentive and smiling staff
Food was excellent, started with the antipasto board that was well presented and delicious
The flatbread pizza and a meatball platter were big and delicious
I ordered the ciopino platter. Very flavorful with great selection of perfectly cooked shrimps,mussels,sword fish and other morsels
The bar is spacious and best place to see everything
They now have an outdoor patio that was well attended and alive
This a place well worth a return trip

• Visited July 2013
Carver, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of Both Worlds Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Brunch is the best meal of any day. You can eat two meals and then spend your who;e day doing fun things. But what happens when your eggs have been in the silver tray for too long or you Eggs Benedict look like they have been petrified. 42 Degrees solves that problem by giving you a hot served to order breakfast served to your table. Sandwiches, eggs with the fixings, or omelets all made to order come to you piping hot and while they are cooking them you can run over to the buffet line and get a delicious muffin (try the Pistachio) and have it with your coffee, juice or a delicious Bloody Mary with a little bit of spice and a shrimp, of good size. After my breakfast part of brunch I hurried on over to the carving station for some prime beef and some pasta and fish. The décor is beautiful and thankfully our daughter got us a gift certificate to have some cocktails and either brunch or dinner on the new patio. 42 Degrees North, don't miss it!.

• Visited May 2013