“VIEW”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“VIEW”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE- especially their outside patio & bar- beautiful view & a nice relaxing area - the food is always good and the employees & bartenders are always accomodating...nice place to relax after golf or work. :-)

• Greek first
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Disappointing Meal for a Night Out with a Friend”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

A close woman friend and I try to get out together at least once a month to share a meal at a well-reviewed restaurant so we can chat & catch up on news. I had been to Anna's twice before (once, well over a year ago, with my sister, a resident of Plymouth) and a second time with our husbands (late last fall long after the tourists had left town). Both times we had a wonderful experience & a great meal - so I didn't hesitate to suggest Anna's for dinner with my friend. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
On an extremely hot & muggy night, the restaurant's indoor climate felt no different than outside. We had sweat running down our faces & necks, & the underside of my hair was soaked (and I have shortish hair). We noticed other customers sitting around us also had sweaty faces. We asked the waitress if they could turn down the temp on the a/c & she said she'd bring it to someone's attention. If she did, it didn't change the temp. or amt. of humidity inside. We passed on dessert & coffee because we were so uncomfortable. Even our waitress had sweat dripping down her face!
My food was mediocre. I, like I had once before, ordered the appetizer sampler for my entree. The lamb sausage casing was extremely tough & the sausage itself had lots of gristle & fat and very little flavor (only 1 sausage this visit; at an earlier visit, this appetizer included several sausages). The fried sticks of cheese were too salty to eat and very tough. I left 3-1/2 sticks out of 4 on my plate. And one of very favorite Greek foods, tzatziki sauce had no sign of cucumbers...not even little pieces of chopped up cukes. I don't think it's "authentic" Greek tzatziki sauce without cukes. The appetizer plate comes with a spanakopita which was large and generously filled with spinach...but also extremely salty. I will say that the restaurant knows how to turn out a well-baked filo dough!
Before choosing any food, we both ordered frozen lemonade drinks (with liquor in the mix). The drinks were tasty, but for $9/drink...the glasses were extremely small & there was very little liquid & a LOT of crushed ice. I was left with just crushed ice after only a few sips.
By the time we finished what we ate of our main meal, we were SO hot & uncomfortable, we decided to pass on dessert at Anna's and instead left the restaurant & walked the short distance over to Cupcake Charlie's for dessert. There it was nice & cool & comfortable, and we enjoyed cupcake dessert & cold drinks that we lingered over & had a wonderful conversation.
Service at Anna's was okay. My friend's glass of water had gotten warm because all the ice had melted. She asked our waitress for a glass of ice with no water & with the ice "topped off to the top of the glass". What she got was a small glass only 1/3 full of ice. The rest of the service was good but our waitress was very busy as she was not only waiting on table insides the restaurant, but also running in and out to the patio. She seemed very harried.
Perhaps because our drinks were $20 of the final bill; but still, considering we shared one appetizer, shared one salad, I had a $13 appetizer for my entree, the bill with 15% tip came to almost $100. My friends entree, scallops with pasta, was expensive...$25...and even then she had to search high & low to find quartered pieces of scallops. The scallops were small enough to begin with...cutting them into thirds & quarters made them almost invisible...and there weren't that many whole scallops to begin with. Not a good meal for the money.
I will think twice about going back to Anna's. And if I do go back, I will at least wait until the weather is much colder (no need for a/c) and the tourists have left town so as to allow for easy parking & for the restaurant to pay more careful attention to the food & drinks they served.

Boston,Ma
“Need to get the kinks out”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Went there for my birthday dinner last summer and we waited 20 minutes before a waitress came and then they got the order wrong and half of us were eating while the others looked on. Seafood was overlooked and Greek food was nothing special.

• Visited August 2012
West Wareham, Massachusetts
“Delicious food - service could be better :-/”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I went to Plymouth on a beautiful day, and were looking for someplace to eat for lunch among the dozens of restaurants in the area. We decided on Anna's Harborside Grill, which was advertised as a Greek restaurant but had many other non-Greek options on the menu. Since it was nice outside, we decided to choose a table in the shade with a view of the water.

After being seated, our waitress came to take our drink order within a few minutes. I had ordered water, my husband wanted a beer. Unfortunately, there was no drink menu provided to us, so my husband asked for the "cheapest beer they had." The waitress gave two options, bottle or draft, but didn't provide any prices.

After looking at the menu, we both decided on Spanakopita (a greek pastry filled with a mixture of spinach, feta cheese and spices) for an appetizer, and the Pesto Chicken Panini for our entree, which came with homemade potato chips. A few minutes went by, no sign of the waitress or drinks. Another couple of minutes, still nothing. Finally, she appeared with two glasses of water, but no beer. She took our order, and brought the beer over right afterwards.

The spanakopita came, and it was delicious. With more spinach filling than pastry crust, it was very moist and yummy. The only downside was that it wasn't very big. It was just enough for two people to share.

When our panini's came, we were very surprised at how big they were. We easily could have shared one panini between the two of us. Nevertheless, the panini's were delicious. Filled with strips of chicken and smothered in pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, the bread was perfectly crispy. We both ate one half of our sandwiches, so we ended up taking home a whole sandwich.

While waiting for our bill (which took another several minutes to flag down our waitress), we overheard another waitress telling another table that their computer system was down and it was going to take a little while to tally up their bill. Since our parking meter was about to expire, my husband had to leave to move our car. When our waitress came with the bill, she told me cash was preferred since they couldn't run credit cards through the system. Since I didn't have enough cash to cover the entire bill, I had to write down my credit card information on the back of the bill. I took a picture of the bill with my cell phone just in case there were any problems, since I couldn't get my own copy. The total for our meal was $40.00, with $12.00 of that being the beer at $6.00 each. The sandwiches were $10.25 each, reasonable for how big they were.

Overall, the food was delicious and reasonably priced (maybe not the beer!) but the service could have been a little better. The wait times for the drinks, food, the bill, were a little too long. If we weren't on a time crunch with the parking meter, I could have overlooked the computer glitch because those things can happen.

Brewster, Massachusetts
“Yummy Salad”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a great Greek salad, excellent service. The owner was there and was very friendly and chatted with my husband while I was in the ladies room.

While we only had salads, everything that was being served around us looked absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend a trip here and, if we are ever in Plymouth again, plan to eat here when we have more of an appetite.

Visited June 2013