“Perfect spot for fresh seafood lunch!”
Review of The Shanty Rose

The Shanty Rose
Ranked #48 of 207 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: 508-746-rose
Description: 508-746-rose
Sebastopol, California, United States
“Perfect spot for fresh seafood lunch!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

While on our family vacation in Plymouth, our daughter was on the hunt for good, fresh oysters. We stumbled upon Shanty Rose, the perfect lunch spot on Plymouth Harbor! If the delicious raw oysters weren't enough, they had a whole-lobster special which our kids experienced and loved! We had the fresh crab cakes and fish & chips which were also delicious. Our server was so friendly and gave us lots of tips about the area. This lunch at Shanty Rose was one of the best deal and most fun of our trip!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ann B

Jacksonville, Florida
“Friendly and cheap”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If that sounds like a good lunch stop to you, try The Shanty Rose. We took the family, including both mother-in-laws because the sign stated $10.99 Lobster dinner. Two out of three got the lobster, but they ran out, so I got the fish n' chips. All was good and well prepared. My son enjoyed the scallops and my M-I-L enjoyed the clam chowder. Everything but the lobsters and chowder was fried so not a place we would eat often, but it was a nice treat for a day of walking around Plymouth.

• Visited June 2013
Cirencester, England
“Loved this place”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just loved everything about this small unpretentious place from the barman Rick, to the friendly customers to the good food. Hubbie had the crab and sausage gumbo made by Rose, fabulous, I had the clam chowder - one of the best in boston area during our trip. Thoroughly recommend it!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lynn S
“No pretense, just good”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Solid, solid place. In the middle if touristville, right on Plymouth Harbor, sits this little gem.
Ate at the bar, looking out on the boats, and ate one of the tastiest, freshest fried scallop rolls I have ever eaten.
Homemade onion rings on the side, lightly-breaded.
Solo guy with an acoustic guitar did a good job.
No frills place, not a hipster scene. Just real & real good.
Did I mention the fried scallops?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BruinsPatsSox
White Horse Beach, Massachusetts
“downhill fast”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to the Shanty Rose with 2 friends, at their recommendation. Both had been there last year and said food was good. We ordered drinks and got large beer sized glasses of vodka drinks, so far so good! Then we ordered dinner, my friend ordered scrod and asked about the veggie and was told they had no veggie, however she could get the chicken noodle soup instead? WHAT, with fish??? My other dinner mate ordered steak tips, was never asked how she wanted them cooked and I ordered the lobster roll. Lobster roll was fine, how can you screw that up, fish came out fried, and was refused and sent back, she ordered broiled. Steak tips had half a bottle of cold teriyaki sauce poured on them. When the fish finally arrived, it was very under cooked and inedible. I will not return, very disappointing.

• Visited April 2013