“The Blue Spruce is a friendly, family run motel.”
Review of Blue Spruce Motel

Blue Spruce Motel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My family visits relatives in Plymouth every year and needed to stay in a motel this year. We were told the Blue Spruce was great, and it was! The owner was friendly and accommodated all of our needs. The motel is clean and wonderfully run. Thanks for a great visit!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Starting with our honeymoon in 2005, we have stayed at the Blue Spruce Motel a total of six times. Once was for Valentine's Day. We have found each and every visit to be all that we could hope for. The accommodations are clean and the hospitality is warm, sincere and helpful. The location is perfect: close to Plymouth for attractions and restaurants and yet an easy ride up the coast to beautiful beaches, sight seeing, or any shopping that one would be looking for. The rooms have always been clean and pleasing. There is a refrigerator, microwave, a very nice flat screen television, and free wi-fi in the room, and a great porch to relax on just outside the door. The pool is fabulous, private, a nice temperature, and very clean.
Having walked through Plymouth many times, it is safe to say that while a very enjoyable place to be, the short drive to the motel from there is worth the quiet of being away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area.
The Blue Spruce Motel offers a quiet location with wonderful amenities, as well as a courteous staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen017
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My room was smaller than what I am used to but very comfortable. It had a refrigrator and microwave oven. They even provide a hairdryer in the bathroom. It had a flatscreen Vizo television. The bed had a new queensize mattress which was very comfortable. The room was very clean. I loved having a little porch out in front so that we could sit outside whenever we wanted to. Almost forgot, it had a beautiful in ground pool which was well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Our stay was just for one night, but with a young daughter, we loved the pool for a quick dip after touring Plymouth sites. Room was just a simple motel room, however, very clean and worth the price. They offered cont. breakfast in the am. and owner was very pleasant to talk to. Would def. stay again and enjoy the pool and little "porch" right in front of room was nice to sit out on after our busy day in town.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed in a Queen Size room. The room is simple. It is updated. The bathroom is tiny.

Problem 1: my husband had to wash down the bathroom because of the excessive mold. When we mentioned that at check out, we were told we should have called the front desk to have them clean but my husband didn't even want me to know about it because I am allergic to mold so he did it himself before I saw it.

Problem 2: The room smelled of disinfectant and was stuffy. We wanted to open the window but the people on both sides of us sat on their front stoop and smoked and there was a big sign that we couldn't permit smoke from outside come into the room so we had to keep the window closed. We did have a small window in the back but we really needed both windows open for air flow.

Problem 3: We spent 2 nights. We were gone most of the day. On the 2nd day, we got back around 10pm. My husband and I both noticed shampoo and conditioner in our shower and we thought the other had brought it. When we talked about it the next day, we figured out that it didn't belong to either of us. And, this caliber of motel does not provide bottled shampoo/conditioner. Otherwise, the bathroom was clean with 2 clean towels. The only logical thing is that housekeeping allowed a stranger to come into our room during the day to shower and clean up and then housekeeping cleaned up after them but forgot the bottled shampoo. If they hadn't left that shampoo behind, we'd never had known. So, I wonder how often this happens at this motel. And, I wonder what else the stranger did in our room. GROSS!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JGGunner
Bluesprucema, Manager at Blue Spruce Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2010

I would like to address each item mentioned above as I was the manager on duty this particular weekend and remember these particular guests.

Problem 1. Upon check out the guest did mention that they noticed mold in the shower, which is unlikely as each room is inspected after housekeeping completes cleaning. I can not imagine why anyone would try to clean their own shower especially if your spouse has an allergy to mold. I would certainly have offered an alternative room which I told them at check out.

Problem 2. Every room in the building this guest was staying in does have a window to the rear of the building which would adequately introduce fresh air into the guest room. All rooms on the property are non-smoking, although we do allow guests to smoke outside and to be considerate of their neighbor.

Problem 3. I find this to be most upsetting. The Blue Spruce Motel has been owned and operated by the same family since 1979 and I have been employed at the property since 1981. We have NEVER had housekeeping let anyone besides the registered guest in a room at anytime, housekeeping is very closely supervised by the owners or myself at all times. I recall this guest mentioning that there were small shampoo bottles in their shower when they returned from their day out sightseeing. We do in fact supply all of our guest rooms with shampoo along with anything else required to make the guest stay more comfortable.

The owners and management of The Blue Spruce Motel and Townhouses takes pride in the condition and cleanliness of the property as we have for over 30 years and will continue to well into the future.

Alan Watson
Office Manager
Blue Spruce Motel & Townhouses

Reviewed July 12, 2009

We were just having a quick night in Plymouth to see Plymouth rock, then continue on our way. The Blue Spruce had a nice low price, clean, no frills which was fine..but we didn't realize how far it was from everything that we wanted to see.
If you don't mind staying a bit out of town, then the Blue Spruce is fine.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Travel to Plymouth area often to visit with family and always stay at The Blue Spruce Motel and Townhouses. I have stayed alone in the cozy rooms with one queen bed and have also stayed in the more spacious rooms with 2 double beds and large bathroom. Most recently stayed in a room with 2 double beds with extra long double beds, which are nice because I am tall at 6'4". The rooms are exceptionally clean and appointed with refrigerators and nice flat screen televisons. Everything appears to be so new from the comfy matresses to the carpets and air conditoners, all the bedding and drapes appeared to be brand new as well. The flat screen televisions were great.

The staff is exceptionally accomodating, from the front desk staff to housekeeping and maintenance staff, they all just want to make your stay so comfortable.

I can't wait to go back and stay in a townhouse for my vacation this summer with my family!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple