“Good enough but a drive”
Review of Blue Spruce Motel

Blue Spruce Motel
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I wanted to be close to the Plymouth plantation and the water, and this hotel was affordable, and looked like it would be on the map. I was wrong. But we did have a car, and it was across the street from a grocery store, so it was definitely adjustable. It is a typical motel layout, and stuck us on the absolute last room of the hotel, even though it was clear they were not full that night. But that is okay. We had a mini porch, but the view was a very busy street, not very scenic. The drive into the center of the city was about 15 minutes, once again not bad at all for the price. The breakfast they served for free was great, really filling. I would recommend based on price, but the room and bathroom leave a lot of be desired. Ideally you would want a view of the water in Plymouth, and I would probably pay a little more next time for that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at the Blue Spruce at the end of March, due to having family matters to attend to. My stay was pleasant and comfortable. Tom was very pleasant and helpful to whatever questions I had. It was close to a grocery store and many restaurants and not far to do any shopping I wanted to do. It was just about 10 minutes from Plymouth. I liked staying at a small locally-owned Motel instead of a larger chain motel because of its cosy and homey atmosphere. The Motel's grounds were very well kept and the housekeeping was excellent. Thank you Tom for being so gracious and show me some of your other accommodations, like the 2 story one and the family cabin. They were beautiful. Even though I am a smoker, it was nice and relaxing to have the porch with chairs and table and be able to smoke there. The room was very clean as well as the bathroom and the price was good. There are beaches for swimming that are very close as well. When I go down there again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Blue Spruce Motel again. I enjoyed myself and found it quiet and relaxing there.

Written by Marilyn,March 2013.

Room Tip: Whether a family or singles the price is excellent, great housekeeping and close to Plymouth. The gr...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an older motel but is clean and well kept. The rooms are nothing special but was OK for the one night. It is on a busy highway but was very quiet. Staff was friendly and welcoming. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am Chinese. I take 3 elder relatives took a tour in New England Oct. 2012. This Motel is located at Boston area, convenient to Plymouth and Boston city. Supermarket(StopShop) is just across the street. My relatives decide to stay one more night to relax and enjoy.

The price here is very competitive. If you drive yourself. I highly recommend you choose Blue Spruce Motel.

Room Tip: Laundry is just $2 per wash, $2 per dry. Cheaper here. They have a small reading room with sofa.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yaning H
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We really like staying in locally-owned lodging. This facility has very strong positives but a few negatives:

Positives:
1. It's a homey, cozy place with so much more personality than the boxy chain motel rooms.
2. It's in a REALLY lovely location about 10 minutes outside Plymouth. "Downtown" Plymouth is crowded and noisy in-season and this place is quiet - and the drive to and from Plymouth is very pretty.
3. Pretty patio seating for breakfast in nice weather. .. and the homemade muffins at breakfast are fabulous!
4. The staff can be very friendly and gracious.

Negatives:
1. In our case, there weren't enough folks at the desk in case of problems. We called a few hours before we arrived and asked if we could check in early - no problem. When we arrived at 1 PM, two customers were having some sort of difficulty. We waited 15 minutes while the one woman on duty went in and out of the office trying to solve the problem. When we explained that we really needed to check in so we could visit a very sick relative in a nursing facility, she was visibly annoyed. Finally, she brought in the owner, who checked us in with no apologies. We honestly did wait before complaining.... They just need more than one person available.
2. The breakfast is very nice, but there is almost no seating inside and only a few tables outside on the patio. If it's chilly or windy, you'll need to bring breakfast back to your room.
3. Some rooms, including ours, were down a steep hill from the breakfast area and office and the rooms descriptions don't say this. Since we're seniors, we asked if we could move nearer to the office for easier access. We were told that the rooms near the office are larger for families, so couples are apparently placed in units at more of a distance. We had to drive uphill for breakfast and then find a parking place.
4. Take the "Wireless access is available in certain areas" note on their website seriously if that's important to you. Our fault ithat we missed it..... but we had no wi-fi at all.

If we were better able to walk up hills, and didn't need wi-fi, we'd definitely stay here again. For those who are younger or who get rooms near the office, it's a nice place.

Room Tip: Rooms near the office are great - near breakfast, near wi-fi. Other rooms are down a hill and diffi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank barbara1973
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A friend and I stayed at The Blue Spruce Motel for 4 nights in September 2012. It is in a excellent location to get to both Boston and Cape Cod locations as it is about half way between the two. Plymouth itself is right on the water and has wonderful sightseeing, resteraunts, shopping, boat tours, all kinds of stuff to do. Tom and his wife who own the Motel could not of been kinder to us. Our room was very clean, well set up, and effiencient, as well as comfortable. Breakfast everyday has something for everyone, very tasty. Tom and his wife were also kind enough to assist us with various tips on routes and other information for our sightseeing of both Boston and Cape Cod. Thank-you Tom and Mrs. Tom for your wonderful hospitality. If either my friend or I or for that matter anyone we know is ever again in your area we will absolutely be staying with you guys. Shelly Henderson

Room Tip: It appears that all rooms would be a very good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shellybones
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hi spent a night during a roadtrip. Overall the motel serves its purpose, nothing spectacular, but still clean and quiet; probably some improvements could be done in the bathrooms, which was quite small and run-down.

The staff has been very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank giuliotuseo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
#6 of 9 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Kingston Plymouth Bay

Been to Blue Spruce Motel? Share your experiences!