“Great public course”

Pinehills Golf Club
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Played here many times. I live on Cape Cod but always try and get to Pinehills a couple of times every season. My favorite is the Jones course although some of my buddies like the Nicholas course. Both are quality designs and are always in perfect condition. They reward good shots but beware if you miss the fairways. The greens aren't too fast but putts seem to hold their lines. They have a terrific range complete with puttin and chipping greens with a a couple of sand traps.
It is a little pricey but is still represents good value because of the quality of the golf experience.

1  Thank Birdcarver

Reviewed November 19, 2013

What can I say. You can't get many 5 star public courses very often in New England. During the peak season, it tends to be a little pricey but it's definitely worth it!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This course has two 18 hole courses. The Jones course is more of a links type and the Nicholas is a regular one. I've mostly played the Nicholas because I really love the layout. Each hole is beautiful and seems to exist almost by itself. Each hole is really unique. The fairways make great targets and you can keep out of trouble on most holes. Love the course and play it every chance I get.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

For years I have been wanting to make the long drive to Plymouth to play golf at Pinehills. I did it the other day and now I cannot wait to go back. I had a late morning tee time on the Nicklaus course on a perfect fall Tuesday. From the moment I arrived everything was done in first class fashion. From the bag drop to the pro shop, from the range to the starter at the first tee, it was all top shelf. Now its not cheap, $100. for 18 holes with cart and range balls, to play this track, but they make sure they put the full effort and experience out there for every guest. The course was in superb condition and the layout of the Nicklaus course was phenominal. Every hole was unique and designed with natural terrain that was there. No two holes are on top of each other and all homesites are well out of play and not crowded onto the layout. It was a perfect public golf experience and well worth the fee. I hope to return soon to play the Jones course. With normal traffic it is probably less than one hour from downtown Boston and less than 2 hours from the NH border where I live. If you are on the south shore or the Cape, you are right on top of Pinehills. This needs to be on your golf bucket list when in the general area,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Two very fine layouts with a much difficult as one would want. Outstanding practice facility. Maintained well. Top notch pro shop and dining facilities. Don't expect The Greenbriar, but for great golf, don't miss these courses.