“Great beer great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Driftwood Publick House
Ranked #32 of 203 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Driftwood Publick House offers a variety of in-house quality food and boasts the best selection of beer, wine and spirits from around the world; located in the heart of downtown Plymouth, MA
“Great beer great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The driftwood had great food that always leaves me satisfied. I always switch between the beef stroganoff and the Shepard pie. They have a nice selection of beer and wine as well. I would go here more often if the prices weren't as high.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mrmustard123

Georgetown, Massachusetts
“Didn't even get our water”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went on Christmas Eve after seeing the Phantom Gourmet piece and ensuring that they would be open. We decided to go early to ensure good service before it got too busy - a good plan - which did not achieve the goal. Got there shortly after 5 and were told to sit wherever we wanted. There were only two other tables of people present. We sat by the window which apparently rendered us invisible to the staff. I got up and went to the bar to research the beer selection and was ignored by the bartender - which was weird because there was nobody at the bar and no drinks being made! I decided to have a seat and wait for a menu - which took 10 minutes to come. When the 4 of us said we needed a minute to decide on drinks, the waitress (who seemed very friendly) said she would get us waters while we decided and would be right back. After another 15 more minutes (yes - I timed it) we had still not gotten water or ordered a drink. The waitress (who appeared to be working alone) meanwhile started taking drink orders from other tables who arrived 15-20 minutes after we had - a big no-no for me. Deciding that 25 minutes without ANY service at all was unacceptable, we left before all of the other restaurants were busy. A helpful tip - when you charge 5-8 dollars for a draft beer......maybe you should make sure people can get one???? Went to T-Bones and had a wonderful experience with great service. Good luck surviving in a restaurant-rich town when you treat people like this.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Tom V
massachusetts
“A welcome addition to Plymouth Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I've been grabbing takeout from Driftwood for the last few months and have been very pleased. Their Driftwood fries are excellent (a nice pile of shaved potato with some shredded zucchini and Parmesan). The same recipe as the last restaurant in this space. I also enjoy the shrimp and grits. Every time I pick up our food I want to hang out for a while. It's a very cozy space and the have a great craft beer and spirits selection.

2 Thank jakemcg00
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Rude bartender”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I checked out their website. It didn't differentiate between lunch and dinner, so I thought I could get their Shepherd's Pie at 3:00. The bartender said it was only available after 5:00. He didn't go in the back to ask if it could be done, and he was pretty rude. We got sandwiches, which were good... but he kept doing his bar work in front of us (the bar was empty... go somewhere else!) He stayed about a foot from us during the whole meal and had a nasty attitude (so who wants him around?!) He's about 30 with dark hair. If you see him at the bar - get a table! By-the-way, the website is STILL not updated and says you can get the dinner menu all day. Not hard to change it - so do it! Otherwise, give us the dinner menu all day like your site says. P.S. the house wine is REALLY expensive. Stick with the beer. Overpriced in general.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Over Rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading a great article in South Shore Magazine we decided to give this restaurant a try. Now I must say that the beer selection is great & the Steak & Cheese pretzel is very good & unique. But its all down hill from there. The Shepard s Pie was not very good. Pureed veggies & a thin strip of mashed potatoes and dry dry dry. This dish was served extremely hot, like it was put into the microwave. Not your Grandmothers Pie. The Galumpkis ( stuffed cabbage) was so hard I had to use a steak knife. That was not risotto inside but regular rice. The recipe from Campbell Soup is better. The burger was good but the onion rings were way over battered. Wait staff is very nice & the place is clean. The high ceilings make for a very loud evening. It also gets very very crowded.

• Visited October 2012