“First plymouth miss”

Dining options: Reservations
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“First plymouth miss”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were very disappointed in this very old established restuarant. Firs the waitress did not inform us of the two for one specials, the uniforms on the waiters and waitress were all black with the Ernie's logo on them but they all seems less than clean.. It might be just the color black picking up everything ( that color does not really hide the smudges). We ordered two fish entrees and they were both bland to the point of I "I don't think I am hungry any more" It was very busy... so I think we did just miss what others were experiencing.

• Visited April 2013

East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Less than expected”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having lived in the area most of our lives so far and frequenters of Plymouth restaurants we finally decided to give Ernie's a try. We have driven by for years and wish we had done the same again. When we sat at the traffic lights in front of the building those inside looked like they were enjoying fine dining. Oh for the days gone by. The inside was tired. Looked more like a large, low cost, family style restaurant. That was OK. It is clean and we were promptly seated.
I ordered broiled scrod. Scrod is supposed to be either young haddock or young codfish. What I got was neither. Not really sure what it was but it was tough and tasteless. It was certainly not fresh. The clam chowder was good. My wife had fish and chips and said that it was OK. Sorry Ernie's, you're off our list.

• Visited January 2013
Carver, Massachusetts
“Have Had Better”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

In Plymouth, you would think the seafood would be really good. Not here! The only dishes I would order in the future would be pizza, but I don't think I'll be back again!

Visited June 2012
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
“Family Freindly”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Early dinner with great grandmother, grandmother, mother and 3 children (6-4-3). The staff was most accommodation. Promptly brought children's meal and were spot onwith special request. Food was fresh. Not a large selection but everyone got a meal they enjoyed. Early bird special before 5 PM. Definely will be repeat customer.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food and nice atmosphere for Christmas”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have gone twice around Christmas time with family to eat, both times were very good food. I definately will be going again this Christmas. The decor was great. They had santa legs and boots coming out of the fireplace in the dining area, with what looks like a painting on the wall wrapped as a present, lighted Christmas tree and wreaths.

• Visited December 2011