“Less than expected”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having lived in the area most of our lives so far and frequenters of Plymouth restaurants we finally decided to give Ernie's a try. We have driven by for years and wish we had done the same again. When we sat at the traffic lights in front of the building those inside looked like they were enjoying fine dining. Oh for the days gone by. The inside was tired. Looked more like a large, low cost, family style restaurant. That was OK. It is clean and we were promptly seated.
I ordered broiled scrod. Scrod is supposed to be either young haddock or young codfish. What I got was neither. Not really sure what it was but it was tough and tasteless. It was certainly not fresh. The clam chowder was good. My wife had fish and chips and said that it was OK. Sorry Ernie's, you're off our list.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

In Plymouth, you would think the seafood would be really good. Not here! The only dishes I would order in the future would be pizza, but I don't think I'll be back again!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Early dinner with great grandmother, grandmother, mother and 3 children (6-4-3). The staff was most accommodation. Promptly brought children's meal and were spot onwith special request. Food was fresh. Not a large selection but everyone got a meal they enjoyed. Early bird special before 5 PM. Definely will be repeat customer.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have gone twice around Christmas time with family to eat, both times were very good food. I definately will be going again this Christmas. The decor was great. They had santa legs and boots coming out of the fireplace in the dining area, with what looks like a painting on the wall wrapped as a present, lighted Christmas tree and wreaths.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Been coming to Ernie's for years, and have never been disappointed. Owned and operated by the same family for years, it shows in their service and appreciation for their customers. Any of their pizza options and onion rings are a fantastic choice!! Two for Tuesdays is the best excuse to not cook during the week. The dining side has huge windows and classic round tables or booths with prompt and friendly servers, but if you are looking for something more casual sit in the bar room. There's always a cold beverage waiting with game on or someone to chat with.