“Yummy burgers”

Dining options: Late Night
Massachusetts
“Yummy burgers”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is a casual, friendly place with great food. Delicious burgers and the best onion rings ever! Our first stop whenever we're in Plymouth.

• Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

If I could give this place more than a five star I would. The burgers are so good. This is a must if you are in Plymouth.

1 Thank Lmw32
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Burger Heaven”
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Big, juicy burgers, must be ten or twelve different ones on the menu. I had a blue cheese burger that was mouth watering. Will be back to try others. My wife had the veggie burger and enjoyed it. Sweet potato fries were great and the flash fried green beans were a healthy substitute for French fries. The place is small, but clean and the service was friendly. Great prices as well

2 Thank Timtruro
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Wow! What a burger!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I'm almost hesitant to share this review with the public, purely for selfish reasons. I would like nothing better than to keep this restaurant a secret, so I don't have to fight the crowds once the word is out. But, they deserve credit for doing a great job, so here goes.

I stumbled across this place almost by accident last night. My wife and I were in the area, and looking for a casual bite to eat. She had heard a friend compliment KKatie's, and mentioned it as we were driving by.

Parking is on the street, or in the lot of a nearby dry-cleaners in the evening. The atmosphere is your local, friendly neighborhood pub, at it's best. Lots of wood, and a big-screen TV sits behind the bar. It's small, but the service is attentive, and comes from a number of the employees. It seems that the distribution of labor is equal for the staff, as our waitress was also waiting on patrons at the bar, and the bartenders helped to take orders and serve the meals. We were lucky to find a seat right away, but I could imagine the place being crowded quite easily at times. The noise level was moderate, but I could carry on a conversation easily without raising my voice or straining to hear.

The menu is varied pub-food, but the emphasis is on the burgers. They pride themselves in using fresh Angus beef, never frozen, and all burgers cooked to order. You can have some pink, or no pink in the center. They let you know that your food may take a little longer because it's prepared fresh. I didn't think that the wait seemed any longer than usual, but if it did, it would still have been well worth it.

My wife pointed out how the food was served piping hot (This is one of her biggest concerns when we dine out). I had ordered the chili burger, which is my guilty pleasure. It came out juicy, flavorful, and complemented, not overwhelmed, by the home-made chili, and topped with green onions. What a treat! I wasn't brave enough to eat it bare-handed, so I resigned myself to using a knife and fork. It's served with home-made fries which were tasty. A side of onion rings were crisp without being greasy. My wife had the California burger, seved with avocado, with just the right amount of pink inside, and complemented with sweet potato fries.

My only suggestion would be to offer a wider selection of draft beer, but what they offer now is still adequate, including a brew from a local microbrewery, Mayflower.

I'm looking forward to returning soon to sample some other items. We'll be going with my teenage son, the burger aficionado, and I'll be sure to update my review then. Until then, could you delay posting this for a little while...?

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank ackdog1
Boston, MA
“Best burger on the South Shore”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We found this place on TripAdvisor and boy are we glad we did! Fantastic food--and not just burgers. Great salads, appetizers, chicken sandwiches, and desserts! We especially love the "Green fries" (which are flash-fried green beans with kosher salt)--a great alternative to french fries, however KKatie's fries and onion rings are outstanding. There are three of us--each one of us picks one and we all share.
The staff is very friendly and accomodating--a very cozy bar/pub that graciously accomodates families. With a 7-year old, and if we are having dinner, we try to get there by 5:30 so we are out by 7-7:30...let's the place turn into a great spot to catch a late dinner for adults and watch a game on their TV's. They also have great cocktails--always a great special such as a mango mango mojito or their fantastic bloody mary bar.
This will be a place that our family returns again and again--comfortable and casual, great food, great staff, and we all love going back!

• Visited April 2012