“worth the trip down a long narrow dirt path”
Review of Rye Tavern

Rye Tavern
Ranked #22 of 209 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The restaurant is located at the end of the historic dirt path called Old Sandwich Road. Once you get there you are greeted by a antique house built in the 1790's now occupied by the Rye Tavern.
The restaurant is a unique blend of outdoor space occupied by a significant bar with a large screen TV and patio dinning area and a quant indoor dining experience in the antique house.
The menu is weighted toward seafood but there are several dishes for meat lovers too. We visited with friends and every meal was first rate. Of particular note was the sea bass and salmon dishes. Overall the food was worthwhile fine dinning. The service was also first rate along with the atmosphere. If there is one negative of note it would be the sound volume of the indoor dining space. We sat next to a group of six men and had a difficult time hearing each other speak. The low ceilings of this historic house make for a noisy experience. That aside it is definitely worth the visit!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I have found a home away from home at Rye Tavern since moving to the area in 2012. As date night regulars, we are consistently impressed by the quality of the staff, the atmosphere, and the food in turn. In the summertime, the Tavern's patio space provides a scenic vantage point from which to enjoy all that New England summers and growers have to offer. In less-ideal weather, the inside feels warm and homey; however, on these nights, reservations are typically a necessity as seating is limited. Make sure too, not to pass up the toffee blondie if it's a special... I've never had a dessert that tastes better!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went to the Rye to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and it was a fairly tale night!! The location in the Pine Hills is of the beaten path. The grounds and the gardens are beautiful. The antique house is rustic, full of charm and very quaint. You will not be disappointed in anything! They grow a lot of their own vegetables! All the food is organic and natural. Love that! We had clam chowder that was different and the best I've ever had. I can't say enough about the Rye Tavern. You'll love it!

1  Thank YullieYullie
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Incredible meal in this rustic restaurant hidden down a dirt road in Plymouth. The food was incredible. Service great.if you're willing to splurge, this is the place to go.we came here for our anniversary. A bit pricey at $100 per person but worth it for a special occasion. I had the chicken under a brick- melted in my mouth. My husband had scallops, which he raved about.

Track this place down. You won't regret it.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my second visit. The first time was during the fall, so we sat inside. This time we were able to take advantage of the beautiful weather and sat on the patio.

The setting is picturesque, and quintessential New England.

We went on a Sunday afternoon and ordered from the Sunday Brunch Menu. I had the Grass Fed Beef Burger with Truffle fries, which was delicious.

At one point during the meal I dropped my knife, and almost immediately, a waitress, not ours, swooped in to hand me a fresh knife. The service was really attentive.

This is a great spot for something "off the beaten path". The food and service was exceptional.

1  Thank tripgirl