“Great brunch/lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went for brunch and it was fabulous ! So delicious and fresh. Great selection on the menu for brunch, lunch and drinks. Service was the best. We really enjoyed our visit. Will definitely will go back for brunch and want to try dinner

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Off the beaten path! Great food, locally sourced. We ate outside on a steamy, rainy night and had a great time.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Overall, I would say that this restaurant was enjoyable and I think would return again in the future. We have friends who like this place, and upon their recommendation we decided to make a reservation for a Saturday night. It was busy and we had about a 10 minute wait once we got there and there wasn't really anywhere to stand in the meantime. We were seated with a small table at the front of the restaurant. Our waitress was super attentive and service was excellent. They have a pretty cool mixed drink menu, I got a Stormy Morning and Fig drink and would reccomend both. For appetizers, I got the brussel sprouts, which were unfortunately deep fried and served with pork belly, probably wouldn't order again as it was not really what I was expecting. My significant other got the steak tartare which he enjoyed. For entrees, I got the trout which was also excellent, and my significant other got a chicken dish. For desert, we shared a warm gingerbread which was very good. The food, in general, was tasty but be aware that there are a lot of fried items on the menu and pretty much every dish contains bacon. There was also a loud and obnoxious table of people in the middle of the restaurant that were drunk and snaping pictures every 2 seconds.

2  Thank mryan6
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary and were very disappointed after we had heard some good things said about the Rye Tavern. We had reservations but chose to sit at the bar for a drink first. There was one bar tender and one trainee,they were both slow and the bartender was not very friendly.It is a small bar and should be easy to handle.It was not crowded,nor were the tables in the dining room. The drinks were expensive considering what you got, overpriced wine and a mixed drink
After being seated at our table,it seemed no one was sure who was going to be our server and we waited a good five minutes before anyone came over or said anything to us.Our waiter was friendly enough but not very informed about the menu.
Our meal was average tasting at best and expensive.At the end we asked about desert and our waiter told us he was not sure if we could still get desert.This made no sense what so ever as the restaurant was still open and people were still at the bar. It was not very late either.
Will not go back again, it was also difficult to locate.

3  Thank BugletMa.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Love this old New England Tavern for it's ambience, service, and flavorful food but be be prepared for an adventure finding it if you aren't familiar with the Pinehills! Reservations are accepted and suggested if you don't want to wait in the tiny bar area. The scallops are my favorite though I'm not a big fan of the risotto that comes with them. Duck is my DH's favorite, not on the menu last nite, so he had the steak special which was a runner up, excellent herb flavors with portobello mushrooms. I rarely order burgers but I had the angus bacon burger for the 2nd time, asked for med well and next time will ask for med, it was a little too cooked. The truffle oil Parmesan fries that come with it are to die for! (they are why I order the burger!) For the first time we felt a little rushed through our meal. It's a small place and they were very busy at 7 PM but no one was waiting for our table as far as we could see. However, it was being cleared before we had our coats on, but that won't keep us from going back.

1  Thank PJ38