“Home Town Eatery”

Plymouth on the Rocks
Carver, Massachusetts
“Home Town Eatery”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good food at resonable prices. Plymouth in the summer gets overrun with tourists, nice place for locals to go. Yummy drinks, clean, good food...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LSug

plymouth, Mass
“Love The Rocks”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We are regulars and loved the previous owner and cook but Lou has changed some things and most changes are for the better. Still a excellent drink for a decent price. We just love it! Like our local CHEERS SALOON! Not fancy but clean and consistent with bartenders we love

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank nonni03
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“not worth it.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Tried several times to sit at the bar, watch the game with a friend. The bar is always taken over by employees so no where to sit

Visited August 2012
plymouth, ma
“home town favorite”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

As a local I thought I should give this restaurant a review. Plymouth gets crazy on weekends and in the summer and trying to get into one of the waterfront eateries is frustrating. Not to mention parking. My wife and I come here at least once a week,get right in and have never had a bad meal. I always get the baked haddock (best in town,and I've tried them all) while she goes with the steak tips or one of the salads. They have my favorite beer on tap,Mayflower IPA,aand the bartenders make the best drinks in town. Not glamorous but I don't go somewhere to eat because of the atmosphere.Prices are better than other establishments, but it's the food(and beer) that bring us in.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank harpduke
Boston, Massachusetts
“If everyone doesn't know your name the will after you visit!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I were intending to go to a new more upscale bar on the north side of Court Street, but when we go there it was crowded, no room at the bar and frankly the overall decor seemed fairly sterile.

We decided to take a walk and stumbled across On the Rocks Tavern. I have to admit, at first glance it probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but we decided to go in for a quick drink and decide where to go from there. Three and a half hours later we had met the owners, the locals and quickly felt like one of the regulars. I can't talk to the food other than to say there were people eating when we arrived, and I was surprised at the number of take out orders that came in. The atmosphere is welcoming, the Bartender Heidi is friendly, attentive and quick to serve your needs, and well - the title of this review says it all.

The owner mentioned that he was going to close for a few days and remodel in April, but we'll be back to see what all those take out orders were all about. If you are on the north side of Court Street - I suggest you give On the Rocks Tavern a visit - even for just a quick drink. At least you will feel welcome, and may meet a few new friends along the way.

• Visited March 2012