“Deserves its excellent reputation”

Rock Bottom Seafood
Ranked #24 of 210 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Usually the view is almost as important as the seafood when selecting a spot in Plymouth. However, we decided to skip the allure of the ocean and see if Rock Bottom was as good as other reviewers have claimed. Yes, the seafood is fresh, perfectly cooked, and wonderfully priced. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the interior wasn't as tidy and well kept as I expect in a restaurant.

Siri had some trouble getting us there, but using the Mobil station across the road as a landmark helped us. For anyone heading to or from the Cape, it's close enough to Exit 2 on Route 3 to be an easy option.

1  Thank roxieontheroad

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife's family has a cottage a few miles from Rock Bottom, and it is our go to destination for lobstah rolls. Rock Bottom's are simply the best. There is nothing fancy about Rock Bottom: it's a small storefront in a strip mall. You are unlikely to be right in the neighborhood, although Rock Bottom is convenient to the Sagamore Bridge. The menu is limited. So what's the attraction? Just the best seafood around. On a recent visit with our 4 year old grandson we had an order of steamers, a fried platter, and a lobster roll. All were freshly prepared, all perfectly prepared. This is the way lobster rolls should be: lots of lobster, no filler, and nothing to detract from the lobster, all served on a "top loader". If you're anywhere near the Cape, stop in. You won't find better.

2  Thank SBBNJ
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been eating here for over 25 years!. No place or operation is perfect but this is pretty close. Dennis is very personable and the staff is great. Walk through the door and into a quick vacation! Go there you'll see what I'm talking about! Great place great food and great people!

3  Thank mike s
Reviewed May 26, 2014

On our way off the cape, my mom and I wanted to grab a last meal of good seafood, so we pulled off at Plymouth and went to Rock Bottom. For a Sunday night it was incredibly busy and full of locals- both signs that it was a good place. The food was delicious. I had to wait a few extra minutes for my lobster roll because they were busy making a new batch and had to take the meat out of the lobsters- talk about fresh! Excellent stop close to the highway! Not a ton of room to sit and eat, but great to call ahead/order.

2  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Rock Bottom Seafood is actually a wonderful family run seafood market and offers lunch and dinner in a small rustic setting, they just have three picnic tables for sit-down eating. My family has been buying all their seafood there for over 25 years. Whenever we feel like having a fried seafood platter, whole deep fried clams, shrimp or scallops, smelts or a fantastic lobster roll we eat in. Their seafood is fried in the lightest of batters, the cole slaw is outstanding (light on the mayonnaise) and by far they have the best french fries in town! Their clam chowder is absolutely delicious, I take it with me when I visit my children in New Jersey or friends in Maine and Massachusetts. Their Lobster and Clam Bake Catering is outstanding. I had them cater an affair for 120 people and got nothing but wonderful feed back from my guests. Dennis will personalize it to your wishes! - Don't miss it just because it is not in the heart of Plymouth, but about 18 miles south of Downtown Plymouth in Cedarville on Rte 3A.

2  Thank Barbara C