Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Patricia G
Santa Rosa, California
A Wonderful Experience

Joanne C

All reviews walking tour monument tour leo martin grist mill excellent tour his knowledge christian heritage plymouth plantation gift shop new england tours history pilgrims information life economics truth
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a very small museum -3 rooms and an accompanying walking tour. I was initially going to take the walking tour, as it is the highest rated event on trip-advisor. As I was feeling unwell, I opted to simply visit the museum.

There is a 45 minute video tour that was excellent! It was a very nice editorial on colonial life and the establishment of democracy, free trade, and the establishment of economy at the start of our country. It was a one man narration, I am sure similar to what one would get on the walking tour. I learned so much that I sat through the entire thing.

There is also an enlightening display on abolition and Plymouth's role in the underground railroad. Both the proprietors took time to discuss the display and explained how there is a prevalence of slavery in modern times hiding right beneath our noses.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The minute you walk into the Jenney Museum, you are greeted by Nancy and Leo who are such genuine, kind people. We stopped in unannounced and Leo agreed to take us on a tour almost immediately with a group of young people from Youth With a Mission. The mission group was there to help the couple with chores around the museu. What a delightful encounter with all who attended the tour. With regard to Leo, he was one of the best tour guides I ever experienced. Dressed as a pilgrim on a rather brisk, cold fall day, Leo brought history alive. His demeanor, the bright twinkle in his eye, and the care in which he presented the history of Plymouth was truly heart warming. If you go to Plymouth...make it a point to visit Leo and Nancy. Two very special people!! I will remember them both for years to come.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

"Small but beautifully put together" is a good description of the museum .The owner is a fascinating guide to all of Plymouth and its history. The anti-slavery room is especially poignant.
A must-visit in Plymouth.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is run by a married couple - Leo and Nancy. What a joy they are to listen to in taking us back to the 1600s - back to when God was the center of their lives. You need to make this stop a priority. Worth the trip in spite of the construction inconvenience. Note: There is heavy construction in the area due to their 400 year celebration in 2020.

1  Thank Kathleen A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Leo Martin is a fascinating storyteller!He made history come alive.This experience was the Best part of our Plymouth stay.Do Not Miss!I went with my elder parents and we enjoyed the non-walking tours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

outstanding historical walking tour giving interesting insights and information into the founding of the Plymouth settlement. Leo and Nancy are locals for many years. Very friendly, well-organized and enjoyable time!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We were sucked into watching th video by the presenter who did not realise we were just looking. There was some embarrassment as we had not paid. The video lasts 20 minutes and is very informative about the history of the settlement of Pigrim Fthers and there influence on the development of,the USA.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

Leo and Nancy have created a wonderful family and faith-based museum and accompanying tours of Plymouth are not to be missed. Leo brings this 4-century town to life. In costume and animated, we now know more about that period and years to follow than we ever did. Kudos to these two dedicated people.

2  Thank tallmanscalendar
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I reserved a 1:30pm tour via phone. They ask you to come 10 min early so Leo's friendly and organized wife can check everyone in and hand out neck lanyards for the tour.

Leo came downstairs to the gift shop promptly at 1:30pm, ready to go. He set a decent pace, and would stop at various points of interest to describe events, and relay stories and anecdotes. There was a bench at several locations.

It was so great to hear a more authentic version of how and why the Pilgrims came to Plymouth. We learned new and interesting info never taught in school!
Some tour highlights included the original spring-fed creek (and why it was important,) significant statues, cemetery, church, courtroom (and its importance in history,) Plymouth Rock, and the site of the original Plymouth Plantation.

Leo was humorous, ernest, and had an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the Pilgrims. We enjoyed this tour immensely!
Please note there were some gentle hills and uneven surfaces at times.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

My wife and I took the walking tour with Leo with our 4 month old in a stroller and it was perfect. Leo keeps it interesting, exciting, and informative with nonstop details about the Mayflower, its passengers, and their interaction with the native. His ability to answer (what I thought were) pretty incisive questions was incredible. I'd highly recommend catching his tour for anyone with $15 and ~1.5 hrs to spare in Plymouth. Thanks!

1  Thank Brian W