“I felt like I was back in the 1600's”
Review of Plimoth Plantation

$57.00*
Go Boston Card
Ranked #2 of 70 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Plimoth Plantation, less than an hour south of Boston and 15 minutes from Cape Cod, is a living museum dedicated to telling the history of Plymouth Colony from the perspective of both the Pilgrims and the Native Wampanoag people. The museum, a Smithsonian Affiliate, features the 17th-Century English Village, Wampanoag Homesite, Craft Center, Plimoth Grist Mill and new waterfront exhibit "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" Enjoy independent films at Plimoth Cinema and local produce & goods at the weekly Plymouth Farmers' Market. Please note that Mayflower II, our iconic full-scale reproduction of the original ship that sailed to Plymouth in 1620, is currently undergoing restoration. She will return to Plymouth Harbor in 2019. Visit our website for more on this exciting project!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The staff all kept in character the whole time. Both the Indian and Pilgrim characters was believable. Great place!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It was SOOO informative ! The "actors" are really good at what they do. I love that they are participating in daily activities as if you were not there. It was so "real".

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I joined a group tour to the Plimoth Plantation. It was a very cool place. It was like time traveling, back to the 17th century. First, we watched a short film briefly talking about what we are about to visit. Then we walked in to a Wampanoag tribe. We talked to the Natives for a bit, then we walked to the English Colonist village. In the village, there were many different characters dressed up telling us about their daily lives.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I think I went to Plimoth twice as a kid. I hated it both times. And I remember vividly my parents getting into some kind of "argument" with an actor there, who was not particularly friendly to their questions.

Well this time was different. I'm a grown up and open and excited to learn about this time in history, and also get the experience of "reliving" it with the actors, who were outstanding. In fact, I've been to Williamsburg (VA) recently and the actors there do not compare to the ones here. These guys were so good (in their consistent speech style and in fielding tough questions) that I think my brain did convince me that they were really living/surviving in that place, in that time. Really, really cool. And to my parents' frustration: I think this is a surly group all around. I don't mean the actors themselves, but the pilgrims. In 1627 with no bathrooms I'd be pretty surly too. :)

1  Thank HZS73
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I loved the plantation. It was so cool to see the way they used to do things. The wampanoag homesite was cool. They were cooking and told us everything we asked about. The English village was nice and so fun to go in the houses and talk to the "colonists". Awesome place!