“Good Alternative to driving”

Plymouth to Provincetown Express Ferry
Ranked #13 of 70 things to do in Plymouth
Plymouth, MA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good Alternative to driving”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We recently took our granddaughters on the ferry to P-town. It was a hot day and the sea was flat calm so the ride could not have been better. The commentary provided on Plymouth harbor and P-town was informative, even to us natives. It is definitely the way to get to P-town in the summer and I'd do it again. The one caution I would mention is that the trip takes longer than what they put on the website schedule, you arrive in P-town closer to noon than 11:30 and the return to Plymouth was at 6:30, not 6:00. We left on time each way and the seas were calm so it just seems to take longer than what they claim. Not a big deal unless you have plans at either end that are time sensitive. Other than that minor fact, it was a great experience.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank sneaks_9

boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent day to Provincetown”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just have to share how much I love going to Provincetown on the P-Town Ferry. So much better than driving The boat makes all the difference, lots of fun. Great staff/crew and always a good time. Highly recommend

Visited July 2013
3 Thank bailey12
Orlando, Florida
256 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 277 helpful votes
“Not too bumpy a ride and whales too!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We decided to take a ferry vs driving to Provincetown this time around. The price was reasonable for our family and the kids really liked it better than driving, especially when we got to see a whale! Who knew? The ride was basically smooth, but I'd hate to be out there in bad weather! The ship docks right in Ptown harbor and has very esy access to the main st. Would definately use again, especially of we are with the kids! Food and drink available as well as restrooms are clean.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank KenmareLisa
North Conway, New Hampshire
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“wonderful side trip”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

p-town has some of the best people watching in the usa. i can spend a good part of the day on a bench at town hall. the shopping is truely unique. in a world of corprate box stores there are none here. some awesome seafood and a collection of of great people who swarm and inhabit this beautiful little village on the tip of cape cod.

Visited June 2012
4 Thank obillom
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not impressed with customer service or schedule”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went on this ferry in the summer of 2011, taking advantage of a groupon deal that was going on at that time. The ferry ride itself was okay. I was not impressed with the staff. The woman at the ticket counter seemed irritated that she had to wait on me. At first I figured this was because I had a groupon (which isn't really a good excuse for poor customer service), then I realized that it wasn't just me that she had that attitude with, since I observed that she pretty much treated all the customers that were in line behind me that way as well.

I also did not care for the ferry schedule. When taking the ferry, we only had like a three or four hour window till we had to get back on the ferry for the return trip back to Plymouth. This didn't really leave us enough time to explore P-Town. It's fine if you just want to go there for lunch and a little bit of shopping, but not enough time to really do anything else.

4 Thank StarBellySneetch