“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were excited to have a relaxing dinner for Valentine's Day...only to be disappointed. We arrived ten minutes before our reservation and soon realized that there were several other parties that had reservations for the same time. We were seated at a table near the door...so I put my jacket on. No big deal. That is, not until my husband saw liquid food particles on our barely clean table. When the waitress came to take our drink order, I politely asked if she could clean it. She took her time, but did so. She left and my husband moved his menu and saw more wet, disgusting food on his side of the table. We waited and finally another waitress came over...I asked if we could have the food cleaned off the table. This nice waitress made the decision to clean a better table and she really took care of us. She worked her butt off the entire time. However, because the management chose not to pay enough waitresses the $3.00 an hour to work, we waited and waited for a water refill, I needed a knife but the waitress was so busy my husband and I had to share his. I noticed that everyone was being given roses...except me. I can only guess that I was excluded because I wasn't going to force my husband to have disgusting food in front of him on the first table we sat at. I so wanted a nice, relaxing dinner. It didn't happen. The food was good but there are other places that staff appropriately and really give their patrons a nice experience. I don't mind paying...but it won't be here again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

But at least its very good food. Both my wife and I loved our dishes. I dont mind paying a little more as long as the portions are good and the food is good. These portions are a little small in my opinion and is why I usually pick somewhere else for the money but if you want italian what you get is good. Its a classy place so that is what you pay for.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I and friends had dinner last night at Il Maestro in Plymouth. The drinks were perfect and chilled, the service was excellent. The food was fantastic. The chicken Francais was excellent and thesalmon specials was great. I hope more perople find this outstanding restaurant. E

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I first reviewed Il Maestro in January of 2011, finding the decor pleasant, the service excellent and efficient, and the food rather bland and undistinguished. The prices were high, especially in view of the lackluster cusine and the wines were shoddy and overpriced.

A recent second visit turned up a few unexpected surprises but nothing caused me to change my overall impression. The dishes ordered this time around were far better, much more complex and rich than previously. Maybe they had their A team in the kitchen this time. The white wines, chosen from a limited list of undistinguished mass-market commercial products, were served straight out of the refrigerator and much too cold. By the end of our meal, they were still well below the proper serving temperature. Clearly they know and care nothing about wines; their above-average cuisine deserves far better.

Unfortunately, the service was far less satisfactory than on my first visit. One single woman was trying, with limited success, to wait on the bar customers and the several occupied tables in the dining room at the same time. I found her to be inattentive and something less than efficient, and her plastic and patently phony attitude was truly annoying and offensive. I have found far more pleasant and real waitresses in the IHOP across the street.

Maybe I'll try Il Maestro again in another two years and hope that they have finally gotten their act together. Or maybe not.

1  Thank foodbuffs
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I love going out to a nice restaurant at least once a week. For some reason, we hadn't been to Il Maestro in the two years it's been open. No one talks about it.
Well, I'll talk about it.
Yuck.
Small portions of bad food. A man near us had to return his espresso because it was cold. Bawdy bartender... no ambiance.
Won't ever go back.