“Really bad”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I love going out to a nice restaurant at least once a week. For some reason, we hadn't been to Il Maestro in the two years it's been open. No one talks about it.
Well, I'll talk about it.
Yuck.
Small portions of bad food. A man near us had to return his espresso because it was cold. Bawdy bartender... no ambiance.
Won't ever go back.

1  Thank justmyopinion4

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were invited to Il Maestro for a family dinner before a wedding, so we did not get to see the full menu. However, the entree choices were all delicious and the portions were huge. The drinks were great. And the service was teriffic. I would recommend Il Maestro for a group party.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Mostly good things to say - food was excellent, atmosphere was good, wait staff was pleasant and always looking after us, prices were good.

Not so good - booths in the rear area were on the tight side. I don't need a lot of space, but it was nt a comfortable fit.

Not good at all - waiting one our for food to be served.

It's worth a return visit. Will try the bar area and hope not to wait another hour for the meal.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We went there on a Tuesday at about 4:45pm and were the only ones in the dining area. Server was professional and helpful, service from the kitchen a little slow. Bartender noisy as was the bar and brought down the overall experience of the dining area. I had the Chicken Saltimbocca which was good, but missing the sage. The tomato, mozzarella salad was very good. My guest had a pasta dish and the portion was large and tasty. The restaurant in general is very clean, comfortable setting and easy to get to with plenty of parking. Overall I would give it an average rating.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Average Italian food. We went on a Sunday evening at 8.00pm and were the only people in the restaurant other than a handful eating at the bar. The main courses cost $18 - $25. The chef's presentation lacks any finese - food smothered in sauces. I had one of two chicken specials - tenders over cheese ravioli with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms $23 - it was all piled together in a mass under a blanket of sauce - it was flavorful and pleasant. . While tasty it could have been presented better. Others in the party had the lasagne (very meaty) and Eggplant Pamagian. One had the spaghetti Alfredo - she was sick in the stomach. Beer is around $5 (Sam Adams Draft), wine $8/9 per glass. There is a good wine list. For some reason the AC was cranked so high we felt cold. Overall I felt it was over-priced for the quality of food we had - certainly not Italian food like we experienced in Italy - perhaps that's too much to expect. Even so we would consider giving them a second try - everyone deserves a second chance.