“Well hidden gem”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Commerce Way
Description: Fantastic interior design and menu that has something for everyone----we live nearby and are thrilled with this addition to our area dining.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This very hip ambience is well hidden in avstrip mall. The moment you enter, you know you are in for a treat. The wine list is compact but has a little something for everyone. The lobster dip is a must have as is the baked vegetable dip. The pork chop was tasty but chewy. The onion soup was pretty standard. The salad was huge and pretty standard too. Scallops were wonderful. The short ribs were tasty. The BLT flatbread was wonderful. Do not miss the chocolate croquettes for dessert. The manager had an attitude with one of our party who was served the wrong type martini, and our server had to be reminded often to refill our juice size water glasses. Undecided as to going back again.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Good service, really good menu with some unusual items, nice surroundings too. Bar is good too. Great friendly service, or server explained baseball to us (we are from UK) as the World Series final with Boston Redsox was on the night we were there. This is a really nice restaurant with excellent food at a reasonable price. Service was very very good too.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great food, great menu, great atmoshere and great service! The roasted cod entree was excellent, and my son enjoyed his mini-burgers from the children's menu.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We joined friends for dinner impromptu and Alden came up as a choice. We had not been there and our friend and his mom had been for her birthday dinner recently. He was concerned that at 6:30 on Saturday we would have to wait and were shocked when we got right in & were seated. There were in fact only 2 other tables being served. Our waiter was good, a little too chatty but he eventually figured out that we were there to enjoy each other company and not his. We were starving and had to ask for bread 3 times before he brought it to us. We looked over the menu and decided on our entrees only to have him tell us that he had forgotten to mention the specials (which we had asked about when he first came over...). 3 of the 4 of us did order specials while I stuck with the vegetable risotto. We also ordered the drink special, which was a wonderful raspberry lime rickey. The only downfall to that was that the drink was $10! Not really worth it in the long run. The men ordered lamb chop with spinach and mashed red potatoes. They both enjoyed it immensely, considering they don't get lamp chops at home. Our other friend had a chicken fried chicken which she said was good but very heavy. All in all, the meals were very good but just too pricey. The atmosphere was upscale but for me with the ceilings being high this was lost on the fact that it seemed cold and too sleek. I'm not sure if that makes sense but I think what I'm trying to say is that in a way it just didn't feel as much homey as it did industrial. I know, it's just aesthetics but that can make a place cozy and friendly, which Alden was not! I'm glad that we tried it but for the price I'd rather go to Boston and dine!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were looking for a place to have our rehearsal dinner in Plymouth and our first choice was a restaurant down by the harbor area near Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower. After looking at many of the restaurants we weren't able to find one that fit what we were looking for so I checked out TripAdvisor and Alden Park came up as highly rated. After looking at the pictures I called to see if the night before our wedding was available, it was and I put a deposit down right away. I worked with the restaurant manager to iron out all of the details, linen colors, meal options and dessert choices. We went with a chicken, cod and meatloaf options.

The manager and I had talked about having the dinner outside on the patio instead of in the room I reserved. I think he double booked the room and didn't want to admit it. I asked to be inside because it was a rainy chilly day but he took the liberty of setting us up outside which normally would have made me mad since I booked the room well in advance and had put the deposit on the room first. But some of our guest got to the restaurant before we did and they were really impressed and excited about having dinner outside so it was hard to be mad at anything at that point.

The wait staff was good, not excellent, the food was excellent. The stuffed meatloaf and cod with risotto meals were the stand outs. Definitely one of the best meals I've ever had. If it weren't for feeling partially slighted I would have given this place 5 stars hands down. We were lucky the night turned out perfect and everyone had an excellent time. Everyone had said it was the best rehearsal dinner they had ever been to which made me really happy.

1  Thank Danielle O