“Good food, great service but so loud my ears are still ringing.”

Waterfront Bar and Grill
Ranked #25 of 208 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to try this place by the hotel. The fish and chips was just fair, nothing exceptional. The broiled scallops were very good . The issue is the noise level in the dining area on the second floor was unreal. Could not talk to someone 3 feet away. Got out of the place as fast as we could.

1  Thank captainbobCt
There are newer reviews for Waterfront Bar and Grill

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Yum, fish tacos on a 3 soft tacos and a roast beef french dip, both were delicious, would definately return.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Used a Groupon to pay for this meal. Enjoyed our lunch at a window seat upstairs in the bar area. Had the baked stuffed shrimp which was good. Started with onion rings which were cut thin and light and crispy. Will return again and eat out on the deck when the weather warms up. Nice views of the harbor.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We're local and have given this place it's fair shake, but it's clear that after this last time we won't be back because they really just don't care how bad the service is. Whether they're busy or slow does not matter, and in this day and this downtown Plymouth market they should know better. When it comes to local, you live or die by the locals.

Based on some 30+ years experience between the wife and I back and front of the house in restaurants all over...it's clearly a basic issue of training, floor management 101 stuff and they fail every one of the half dozen times we've talked ourselves into trying it again. Where to begin this time: food no silverware for 10 mins., no water given at seating, confused service, lack of basic wait service like sauce for pasta coming the pasta arrives cold, ketchup long after fries have arrived, 2nd round drinks arriving when the meal is finishing up, inability to clear or set without almost fumbling over one's self.

Why do we keep going back? Hope, and credit due to the bar and kitchen for bringing a baseline of good cheer and at least knowing how to plate up something that gives a customer some hope. Young and friendly staffers are fine just someone provide some training wheels before sending them out on the floor. If you must, sit at the bar, look for help over 24 and for petes sake, order the awesome lobster roll and call it a day.

1  Thank dewong07
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a group of 20 people for my bachelor party try to get in and iv had friends in my group who flew from diffrent states to be here for my party and not only was the gaurd at back door disrespectfull and unprofessional but then started talking "trash" to all my friends about their out of state I.ds "oh here we go special people with special I.ds get lost".... I think this establishment is unprofessional and poor customer service and I will bad mouth this bar and never return to this place

1  Thank blove508

Been to Waterfront Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!