“Best Johnny cakes in town”
Review of Persy's Place - CLOSED

Persy's Place
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 27, 2012

They have a massive menu but the best item available, hands down, is their New England traditional Johnny cakes. Fresh ingredients and a unique pancake mix like no other. The resturant is pretty clustered with booths; patrons tend to sit on top of each other. If you're going on the weekend, expect to stand in a crowded waiting area for 10-15 min.

1  Thank nekayaker

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Four of us went Sunday morning for breakfast; the place was unusually empty, three staff members cleaning chairs on our way to be seated, nothing else to do... The hostess and our waitress were very friendly and attentive. My wife and I split eggs benedict and two brothers ordered omelets. The omelets received were not what was ordered, home fried were small frozen bag type not real home fries. Eggs benedict and hash were overdone with little or no Hollandaise sauce on the eggs. The corn bread which has been outstanding in the past was very dry and tasteless. With three breakfast orders and three side hash dishes, three OJ along with four coffees, the bill was $75.00. Way over priced and the worst breakfast ever. What happen to the place which had people waiting in line for the best place in town?

1  Thank BruceQuality
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Always a nice breakfast and friendly staff ! I have never had a bad meal there, and we usually go every weekend

Reviewed December 10, 2012

It's a little country kitschy, but if you can get past that the service and the food are great for a decent price.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My father and I go to the Plymouth location quite often and we are usually greeted by Derek, who waits on us almost every visit and is very nice and attentive, great waiter, definitely a keeper. But we came in on our usual Tuesday to not be greeted by Derek, but to stand up front for almost 10 minutes mind you not busy at all, finally a new girl named Tiffany apparently the new manager comes skipping up playing on her phone greets us as if she saw us walk in then, obviously she didn't hear us because she was chatting out back. Seemed like she cared more about over filling our decaf coffees which was old and burnt, is she on something or what? I asked another waitress who walked up to us with more coffee ( would rather have my food ) I asked her if Derek was sick or if he was ok, to be told he was fired... Oh no how could they get rid of the most friendly and attentive waiter. Even the food was rushed yet took over 20 minutes. We will not return to Persy's again, and I'm sure others will be just as offended