“Not so Ghostly”

Dead of Night Ghost Tours
Ranked #2 of 26 Tours in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Push the cobwebs aside and join us for a night of adventure with our own paranormal investigators.On Dead of Night Twilight Lantern Ghost Tour. Hear the history and WHY they haunt.Do you dare to walk through Burial Hill Cemetery ,By the light of your lantern. Bring those cameras and capture spirits on film. We will take you to the most Haunted places. Join us on a truly unforgettable adventure of ghosts, history, excitement, and fun for all ages. We offer 3 exciting tours, our famous twilight lantern ghost tour, our daytime history tour, our Sunset cemetery tour, Join us Tonight! Reserve now. Meet us at the Hearse called "Last Ride".New this year 2013 Overnight Paranormal Investigation into 2 of plymouth's most haunted houses.Winter Special- Haunted house Paranormal Investigations. Bring your equipment and roam and explore these 2 Haunted houses. YOU are the paranormal investigator. Have no equipment we'll lend you ours. All indoors. 2 hours. As darkness falls... the spirits rise!
NH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not so Ghostly”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Took my teenage son on this walking tour. The group was huge so we divided into two halves and one guide was very loud and dramatic while the other was decidedly less enthusiastic and very monotonous. Guess which one we got? While her knowledge of history was very good and she told many interesting stories about ghostly occurances, it really dragged on too long and by the end (after hearing a VERY long story for the second time) we were ready to cut out early. I consider myself pretty openminded about ghosts and such but never found this particularly scary or creepy. I really enjoyed the cemetery in the dark, lit with swinging kerosene lamps, and looming shadows of gravestones all around. Lots of nice photo opportunities, and a great way to explore the town nevertheless.

Plymouth MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Very cool”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My friend and her two daughters came for a visit to plymouth and we decided to take the ghost tour which is something we have been wanting to do for sometime now. The tour guide Jan was fun energetic and knowledgable about the towns history. We had the opportunity to see some orbs and another of a man in the window of the old court house during our 90 minute walking tour. They have pictures that other visitors have taken of ghosts which make the hair on your body stand up. Don't forget to bring a camera fully charged because half the fun is taking pictures and looking for ghosts/orbs in the picture. I know it sounds kooky but they are there! Check it out it is a fun night even if you are a non-believer. Its reasonably priced at just $12 for adults and a bit less for kids.

Liberty, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome and amazing!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Awesomely amazing ghost tour...best one we've ever been on! Jan tells wonderful and interesting facts and stories. Very historic but never boring! Take the combo tour with the two haunted houses...it is definitely worth it! Totally creepy and fun, and Boo is tooo cute!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Entertaining but a little king in the end”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The tour started off strong and quickly got us involved. We did do the combination tour but felt like the tour was already long before we even got to that part. The first house was interesting but very hot and stuffy. I think the tour guide was tired by the second house because the stories were slim and lacked detail. Being able to take pictures was fun but it got in the way of some of the tale telling since everyone wanted to show their pictures. It was just too long even without the houses.

Warren, Maine, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“All I can say is AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am a true believer in ghosts, as I have been visited and have seen "unseen by others" things throughout the years. We went on this tour for my son's birthday with Jan as our guide. We downloaded "Ghost Radar" on my phone and set off. While in the cemetery, we were trying to get Hannah to talk to us or show us a sign that she was there with us. From the phone that my son was holding came the word "CLOCK"...Jan asked if she was talking about time...suddenly, the bells from the church started chiming, letting us know that it was 9:00!!! Of course, we all freaked out, and then from the phone comes "ENJOY"....like Jan said : You can't make this [--] up!!! Through the cemetery, we captured pictures of several orbs, and a shadow of a cloaked figure...and in the Captain's house, I was poked on my shoulder and my son's camera bag was pushed into his back. My friend also took a picture of the outside of the house, and captured a figure looking at us that did NOT look happy.
Would we go again? ABSOLUTELY...it completely made our trip to Plymouth one that we'll always remember!!!

Visited April 2012
deadofnightghosttour, Owner at Dead of Night Ghost Tours, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for your great response .I am so happy you enjoyed our tour. And had a wicked cool experience.sincerely jan