“The most recomended B&B in plymouth”

Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 18 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We were on our way from NYC to Boston and just by chance we found the Thornton Adams house. The beautful house and garden the charming rooms and the exeptional hospitality of Sandy made our overnight in Plymouth a wonderful experience to try again and for some more days. Thank you Sandy
Ita&Moshe
Brussels/Belgium

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2009

My first experience at a B & B was wonderful. When Sandy and Ron greeted us, it was like we had known them for years. They were the best host and hostess. The rooms were clean, and the food was to die for. We were there for 6 days, and we had a delicious and different breakfast each day. I thought Sandy was going to have to re- name her french toast after my husband. I would recommend this B & B to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I stayed with my 12 year old daughter for 12 days at ThorntonAdams above the Bay and we had the best time ever! Sandy and Ron are very kind and Sandy cooks amazing breakfasts that you eat at a beautifully set table with the other guests, which were all very nice people to be with. The classic house is in a beautifull green setting with a view on the bay. Every morning squirls, chipmonks and humming birds come to the yard to feed. I saw all the rooms and the top floor suite for families. All rooms and bathrooms are spotless clean with nightlights, air conditionning and wireless internet. We stayed in the green room on the ground floor and the last night we were in the yellow room on the first floor: the beds and sheets in both rooms were soft and cozy - we slept like roses. We chose this location because we wanted a quiet but easy accessible home base for day tripping: Cape Cod (20 mins), Boston (40 mins), we even went as far up North as Salem and Rockport (2hrs) just on a day trip. You do need a car because there is so much to see in and around beautifull Plymouth that you would otherwise miss out on. Also to get to the public beaches access it's easier to have a car which you can locally rent. We also rented bikes for the day on Cape Cod. Sandy keeps folders and pictures with tips for day tripping. This B&B exceeded our expectations - it was so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I visited Thorton Adams this June during a busy week exploring many of New England's historical sites. I chose this B and B after reading Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Sandy made sure that our stay-though brief- was memorable. She is an amazing hostess, so dedicated to making sure visitors enjoy their stay. She shared suggestions for our night in Plymouth, and recommended a wonderful beach for us to explore early the next morning. And although we had to leave too early to sample her legendary breakfast, Sandy made us fresh coffee and scrumptious homemade scones to go!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Overall, it was a good experience to stay at the Thornton Adams. The ower was very friendly. Breakfasts were decent enough. Our room was very clean, but more attention could have been given to little details, such as having a nightlight in the bathroom, having a vanity or shelves in the bathroom for toiletries, having a clock in our room, having better pillows, etc. One thing we found that made us uncomfortable was a bottle of shower gel in the shower that other guests must have used for bathing, instead of having a fresh bar of soap. We thought that was unsanitary. Maybe we've just been spoiled staying at other inns that gave a lot of attention to details.

2  Thank mimiwoo4
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We spent one night here and I wish we had stayed longer. The bed was the best I had ever slept on when away from home. Even the pillows were perfect. The shower in the downstairs room has enough room for three people and the shower head works great. The entire house is very clean and the food excellent. I could only wish to cook that well. The spirit in the house is very comfortable and the Innkeepers are very kind and supportive. I cant recommend this Bed & Breakfast enough! Good location as well. Guests can walk to some of the local attractions. My husband enjoyed photographing the little critters that came to the deck to steal what food they could. He really enjoyed himself, which is very rare! Wonderful experience...You wont have to invite me twice! I am already on my way!

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Our stay at the Adams Thornton Bed and Breakfast was very relaxing and a great place to end our vacation after four busy days in Boston. The moment Sandy and Ron greeted us, there was an immediate connection. They both are so friendly and easy to talk to. They made us feel like we were their best friends. I highly recommend Adams Thornton Bed and Breakfast. I agree with the other reviews, Sandy makes a delicous breakfast. Her belgium waffles were awesome!