“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stopped in and luckily got a table although we did not have reservations. Salmon special was farm raised salmon...negative change from wild salmon. Service was not up to usual standards either. We were seated by the open kitchen...very noisy and did not make for good conversation. Because I have had terrific experiences in the past, I will go again but be certain not to sit by the kitchen in this tiny restaurant.

1  Thank SassySandi049

Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are looking for authentic Italian food then the Tuscany Tavern in Plymouth is your best bet. It is extremely small and cozy inside with the aromas of basil and garlic around you. We have visited this restaurant a few times and have enjoyed the food there tremendously! Highly recommend this to tourists and locals.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Always a good meal and service. Small restaurant, simple menu, quality ingredients. I struggled making a choice but settled on the house special salad...always fresh and wonderful, and a pasta. Couldn't have been better.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my first trip to Tuscany Tavern and I have to say I was impressed. It is very small and you get the North end (Boston) feel without traveling 60 miles to Boston. I love the fact that you can see the kitchen and smell all the aromas. The food was really good and fresh with a great amount of choices. Service was very attentive. Figure dinner for two at around $100 with a bottle of wine and tip.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I understand that this place has had a number of chefs in past years that have resulted in some very mixed reviews here. Whoever was cooking on the Tuesday night I was there knows what they are doing. The Bread Rule: No restaurant that serves lousy bread makes make good food". The bread at Tuscany was perfect, hot out of the oven, crusty, and chewy in the center, served with a nice olive oil. Good wine selection of domestics and Italians with a decent selection by the glass (Kendall Jackson VR $8, Montepulchiano $8). A salad special had arugala, some nice lettuce, gorgonzola, panchetta and tangerine with a nice balsamic. We both had the Vongolle with garlic and oil. Not hard to do, but just right for my taste. Nice plump cherrystones and no problem substituting fettechinni for spaghetti. One of the owners was serving and her Italian presence was a nice addition to the meal. Oh, and compared to where I live (Northampton, MA) this was a very inexpensive meal (main $13.95). I would expect future reviews to be uniformly good.