“A very good time”

Dining options: Reservations
Leverett, Massachusetts
“A very good time”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I understand that this place has had a number of chefs in past years that have resulted in some very mixed reviews here. Whoever was cooking on the Tuesday night I was there knows what they are doing. The Bread Rule: No restaurant that serves lousy bread makes make good food". The bread at Tuscany was perfect, hot out of the oven, crusty, and chewy in the center, served with a nice olive oil. Good wine selection of domestics and Italians with a decent selection by the glass (Kendall Jackson VR $8, Montepulchiano $8). A salad special had arugala, some nice lettuce, gorgonzola, panchetta and tangerine with a nice balsamic. We both had the Vongolle with garlic and oil. Not hard to do, but just right for my taste. Nice plump cherrystones and no problem substituting fettechinni for spaghetti. One of the owners was serving and her Italian presence was a nice addition to the meal. Oh, and compared to where I live (Northampton, MA) this was a very inexpensive meal (main $13.95). I would expect future reviews to be uniformly good.

• Visited February 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Tiny gem”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

After making reservations for 7:30, we ended up arriving early and were seated right away, which is good because there really is no waiting area! The room is small with about 10 tables and an open kitchen. Service was prompt with a serving of warm crusty bread and dipping oil. We ordered the antipasto platter and it was just big enough for sharing. My order of gnocchi was cooked 'to the tooth' with a bit more sauce than what I enjoy but the added mozzarella brought it up a notch. My husband had a pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and mushrooms in a reduction sauce. He gave it positive marks and finished it all except for the potatoes. We finished off dinner with coffee and dessert. He had the tiramisu (of course I had to taste) - it was delicious!. I had the pane cotte which was made on site. It was good but I would go with the tiramisu the next time.

Everything was good but what brought it up a notch was the attention to details. The bread was exceptional - not just an after thought. And the coffee was fresh , even though I asked for decaf. The waitress was attentive but not overbearing and others helped out when someone got 'backed up' on her service.

I would go again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank nanb189
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This has always been one of my top ten old reliables for good, moderately priced food in the Plymouth area. I recently took out of town guests there and was disappointed that they seemed to have lost their touch. Their usual flare with a Caesar salad was not in evidence and the dressing was not generously applied. We each a different pasta dish and one person's dish was too al dente while another was overcooked to the point of almost being mushy. This is their staple and so it was quite surprising to me. Toppings were still very good but didn't understand the lack of attention to the pasta itself. There was only one other party when we first entered the restaurant so it wasn't that the kitchen was super busy. I'll give this place another try in the hope that this was just an off night but I certainly won't take the same out of town guests there. They wouldn't go again.

• Visited August 2012
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Very good Italian meal”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a tiny restaurant in Plymouth, with the cooking done in view of the dining room. Our family enjoyed our meals; the three young adults all had the gnocchi, which they really liked.
Very nice.

• Visited August 2012
Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Not in a scenic area, but the food is very good.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It is one room with a kitchen and perhaps 10 tables. The food is cooked right in that room and is very good.

Visited March 2012