“Good food, rushed service”
Review of Sushi Joy

Sushi Joy
Ranked #59 of 215 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I would rate the sushi very good here. Great flavor combinations in their special rolls. Beware the special rolls can get quite large. They present very well on the plate, but pieces can be a challenge to consume in one bite. The flavor experience makes up for that. Ask your waiter for recommendations. The only downside is the rushed service, they are very attentive, but a little too aggressive table side to place additional food and bar orders. All in all I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I usually grab takeout from here. The girls at the counter are always nice and polite, and never once has my order been messed up, or disappointing in any way. The few dining room experiences have never left me disappointed, either. The servers are always attentive, and the food arrives quickly. The only negative thing I can say is they do use MSG (they say it ont he menu, it's not in everything, and you can request your food without it, but given the health issues it can cause, I don't know why anyone would still be using it to prepare food).

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This place has it all, some really amazing sushi, always fresh, and reasonably priced, as well as some excellent Gourmet Chinese food, portions are generous, without being cliche, and the quality is superb, we go in a group, of about 25 people, and they are always accomodating! A must try!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sushi Joy used to be my favorite area Japanese restaurant; given my most recent experiences, now unfortunately not so much. My previous review in December 2010 reflected my past experiences and numerous meals at the previous and current location during the past fifteen years. Unfortunately, my last several luncheon meals at this restaurant have indicated a substantial fall-off in quality.

Evidently the kitchen is cutting corners and mass-producing at least some of the luncheon bento box items long in advance: the ingredients in the salad, especially the lettuce, were old, wilted, and had an odd off-taste. The sushi had been prepared hours previously and was somewhat less than fresh. The white rice was dried-out, tough, and borderline inedible. Based on these recent experiences, I am reducing my previous rating from four stars to two stars.

1  Thank foodbuffs
Reviewed August 28, 2012

went here for lunch and they charged 2 bucks for small refills of diet coke at lunch time! The bartender was glad to keep pushing them and I ended up with 8 bucks worth of soda charges. Food was good