“Fresh homemade dishes”

Add it.
Stowell's Cafe and Deli
Ranked #102 of 238 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

We heard from others that this place is great so decided to try breakfast on a day off mid-week.

The restaurant is getting renovated but was clean and prsentable. One side has a dining area is newer. We were seated on the side under renovation.

The server brought us coffee in thick mugs. The coffee was fresh and not too strong, definitely not Starbucks but I am a dunkies girl so I liked it. My dining companion would have preferred more robust coffee.

I ordered a veggie scramble wrap with a side of homefries. My dining companion opted for the hash and eggs. The wrap included onions, peppers, tomatoes and spinach, scrambled eggs and cheese. Everything was very fresh, including the soft wrap. It was a huge portion and I could only eat half. The homefries were nicely seasoned, crispy on the outside and piping hot.

My companion loved loved loved the hash. She noted it was homemade which is not often found. I didn't try it but it did look much different from typical hash you would get at a breakfast place. She ate every but of it and also enjoyed a side of the homefries.

Prices are reasonable. Was $24 for two full breakfasts, coffees and waters. Definitely recommend!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed December 28, 2018

I received a gift certificate to this place. Didn't know what to expect but went with an open mind. I walk in and am greeted with a sign "Please wait to be seated". Perfect I thought. I stood there and waited, and waited and waited and waited. Not once was I acknowledged, addressed, told "be right with you", or seated! I might as well have been invisible! POOR first impression. I WILL NOT BE BACK. And the gift certificate is in the trash!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

This little restaurant is tucked in a small strip mall, around the corner from the Blue Spruce Motel. As we were looking for a hot breakfast rather than the adequate continental breakfast offered at the hotel, we were directed here.
What an amazing find!! An extensive menu includes a novel assortment of pancakes and French toast, plus a large variety of combo plates.
I chose the Farmer's Platter, of scrambled eggs (egg whites for me) with onions, peppers, and tomatoes. This came with delicious home fries, home baked beans, and delicious grilled cornbread.
A friend ordered the "Italian Benedict", with 2 perfectly cooked over-easy eggs on Italian bread toasted, with chopped up Italian sausage, peppers, and onions. Hollandaise sauce was available for this, but was found to be not necessary or desired by this person.

I would absolutely come back to this place, and recommend it to anyone. It's even worth going out of your way to get there!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

The food was wonderful, like a five star restaurant in a quiet unassuming corner of Manomet. The waitress was outstanding, I can't say enough about he waffles with Bavarian cream that was out of this world!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I have been looking in this area for a place that does home style cooking that you can go out for a good quality meal and do not spend a fortune . Away from the tourist but the fish is still freshly caught . I had the Chicken Parmigiana , highly recommend it and the friends I was with ate salads , fish ( fish and chips excellent ) etc. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with specials for dinner almost every night.

Date of visit: August 2018