“Great place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Ellis Haven Campground
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place has great activities for the kids( arcade, candy bingo, playground, swimming, hiking trails, arts and crafts and hayrides... The kids will never get bored here... They also have Campys bar for the adults which include karaoke, drinks, meat raffles , live bands and dancing... I will definitely be going back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Anniesox

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I just want to give a shout out to Jack for making the Pond look beautiful !! I love what you did getting rid of all the shrubs & enlarging the beach :) the new docks are great !! it really makes me proud to be a seasonal!!

Thanks,
Happy Seasonal :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I tent camped in Mayflower Circle, which had a lot of privacy. The sites & bathrooms were clean and well maintained. There were several fishing areas, and the beach was great for sunbathing and swimming. We also enjoyed a live band at Campy's bar. (It was great we didn't have to leave the property!!)

I would absolutely recommend this place to friends/family and definitely plan on returning in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kary L
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel up from Rhode Island every year to bring the kids to this campground. They have great activities (bingo, arts and crafts, an arcade, dances) and the beach and bathrooms are very clean. The staff is friendly and accommodating. One of the best campgrounds I've been to and I'll be back next year (and the year after!).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We travel every year 2100 miles to stay here for the majority of the season. I read many of the reviews on here and it only made me sad. Seriously someone complained because it was dirty. It is a CAMPGROUND, with dirt roads. Don't want to get dirty? Then don't go camping. But if you do go camping and love it, then Ellis Haven is the place for you. Our family camped here in tents for 3 years before we decided that we wanted a camper and be here as seasonals. There are activities every week and themes. Christmas in July, and Halloween in August. If you respect the rules, then the staff and owner are respectful of you. We have never been screamed at by the staff as some reviewers have written here. We love the pond! And we love having coffee in the morning looking out at the kids fishing on the fishing pond. One year the campground owner took care of a den of foxes that had been abandoned, and we would get to see them on occasion! Loved that! Dave, the owner, loves his campground and the wildlife in it. There are some unruly kids, but I don't blame the campground, I blame the parents!!! We look forward to our summers here every year. I mean, seriously, we do love this place, and we respect it. We tell our kids to make sure they throw their trash in the trash. Speaking of trash, want to know why the owner is angry sometimes? Because people come in here to throw away bikes, mattresses, and grills, among a ton of other stuff! This cost money to take out of here. Or they bring in wood pallets and start large campfires that could easily go out of control! We love our place in the woods and would never think about going anywhere else. Respect this place, and you will have a blast. And even make some great friends. Ellis Haven is the best choice around. The only campground that allows screen rooms and decks and car ports and sheds on your site. And the electricity was just updated by NSTAR last year and there has been no issues with popping fuses as far as I can tell. I certainly don't think I could run a campground this well. They built new shower rooms, and on the occasion we have had to use the shower we have never had an issue with hot water! The usual wait, but we have hot water and pressure. I am rambling, but surely someone will see this and decide to give this place a chance! There is no way we would come this far every year to spend the summer in a crappy campground. We love it here. And all that entails!

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Tommiehannah
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We read the mixed reviews and thought how bad can it be and we gave it a shot. We have two small children and our neighbors, who were 1 foot from the back of our camper, kept them awake at night till 2 am! The campsites are too close together unless you have a seasonal site. We had a problem finding the sewer, which was a hole in the ground covered with grass, and it took 30 minutes for someone from the campground to respond. Then the electrical breaker tripped and broke and when he showed up at our site he tried to blame it on us and the size of our camper. But when we booked a site with them they knew what type and size of camper we had! The staff were not friendly! Someone shut off our water in the middle of the night. Cars drive very fast which is very dangerous with small children. We ended up leaving a day early since it was so bad! If you are a young couple without kids this is the place for you. But for a family with children find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Laurie L
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family and I have been seasonal campers for 8 years we just recently pulled out because we could no longer tolerate the owner. He makes you feel very uncomfortable. If he is in a pissed off mood which is 99% of the time look out! He goes on rampages yelling at anyone in his way. If he catches your kids walking home from another site to theirs after 11:00 he will come to your camper flipping out. If you have older kids who have grown up there, know that when they turn 18 they have to pay to come and visit their parents. 10.00 a day and twenty overnight. And they can't rent a site unless they are 25. Most of the seasonal kids are afraid of him and find ways to avoid him. Who wants to vacation like that? The park looses electricity quite a lot in the summer which causes power surgers in the campers and can cause damage to your camper. And don't think about cooling down in the lake after 8 oclock when this happens you will see a mad man chase you all out!!! Beautiful place, too bad the owner doesn't know how to run a friendly campground like his dad did.

• Stayed: May 2013