“a place to forget!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Ellis Haven Campground
walpole
“a place to forget!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

the staff will yes you to death and do nothing if there is a problem,everthing with them is money,the campground is noisy,alot of traffic and is trashy,bathrooms and showers are fil thy,alot of trailers that look like no ones been there in 10yrs,and on top of eachother

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank steve l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is the 3rd year in a row that we have been coming, this year we had 17 girls and we had a blast. This campground has everything, from a playground to a Bar. We have so much fun when we come and we plan on going every year! Staff is very friendly, except for the guy that checked us in, he was very rude but we LOVE the owner so it's all good!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank kristawhite
Weymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 14, 2011

this place was terrible i went last year as a guest to a mobile home in a secluded section we had a great time but this year we put up a tent in the tent section wow what a big mistake first we got there no shade we where ina hot feild no shade dogs barking from 2.30 am till 7am well it never stopped every hour ruffff ruffffff rooooowww roooooow i own a dog but if your dog barks out of controll get a sitter drunk party goewers till 3 am yelling like they never been in the woods? the swimming was good fishing was fun lots kids activitys like waching drunks chug beer till they puke fights this is a place for party animals not family camping and please pick up your dog poop thats gross never again im warning you dont put up a tent here rent a cabin no privacy loud dirty filthy place go ahead check it out if you dare too

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank captininsanoman

Travelers are raving about these Plymouth hotels

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed at Ellis Haven and found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. Five Cabins were all beautifully updated this year (2011) and I would definatey rent them. The beach was clean. Bathrooms and showers were immaculate. Ellis Haven is my favorite family camping place in Plymouth. The activities director does an awsum job. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sissler
New Hampshire
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed at Ellis Haven for the long July 4th weekend. I was a bit nervous when I read the negative reviews... but figured we'd give it a go anyway.
I can see why people either love it, or hate it.
First... we were tenting in a seasonal site that hadn't been rented, so we were the only tent amongst semi-permanent trailers. I was a bit unsure of this at first, but our "neighbors" were REALLY friendly and welcoming. However... everyone did seem to be packed in like sardines in the regular tent/trailer rental sites. I'm very glad I wasn't over there. It was loud, had no shade, and not at all private. Our site (in the red area) was private, and shaded, and we had a very short walk to the bathrooms... but we didn't have a fire-pit. that was surprising to me for a campsite.
There were two catch and release fishing ponds... the boys LOVED fishing there.
The beach area for swimming was clean and enjoyable. It was crowded for the holiday weekend, but what beach isn't. There is a shallow dock for the younger kids to jump off of, and 3 other docks out deep for teens/adults. There is no lifeguard, so you MUST watch your own children. There is a LOT for the kids to do, and they do aim to please families.
Overall the pro's were that the campground was clean, staff and campers were friendly and helpful, and there was a lot for the kids to do.
The con's were that it is crowded, if you are in that central blue area you can forget about any privacy. The bathrooms were clean... but old and run down. They failed to mention that they had coin operated showers and that they were temperamental... I lost quite a few quarters. The airport traffic is loud... this didn't bother me, but I can see how it would bother some people. Overall it isn't a "bad" place. We were there for 2 nights (originally planned on staying 3) and that was enough for us. The kids had fun, but there was a lot of noise and traffic for someone who was looking for a quiet camping weekend. If we did decide to go back, I'd be sure to ask or a shaded site off the beaten path... and I wouldn't stay on a holiday weekend, and I'd remember to bring quarters!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Solosix
Reviewed July 4, 2011

It is amazing and I go every year ! My daughter actually wanted to go her INSTEAD Of a foreign country! The kids make a bunch of friends, ride on bikes,and get a lot of exercise! The rules are enforced for those that are drunk, loud, and disturbing! It's clean and fun! I would recommend this to ANYONE ! kids or no kids!! It was awesome

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Ellishavenlover
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My girl friend and I had recently left Cape Cod on a cross-country bicycle tour and got caught off guard by a series of large thunder storms in the Plymouth area. After watching a lightening strikeset the historic Mayflower ship in Plymouth harbor on fire, we realized that we needed to find a place to seek shelter for the night as the store was only getting worse. I quickly got on the phone with a staff member at Ellis Haven (the first campground listed in the phone book) who was able to not only give me accurate directions to the camp but was more than friendly when we arrived a half-hour later by hooking us up with the most convienant site without any hassle even though we had no reservations and the camp was completely booked. When we woke up in the morning, we were dismayed to have to pack up and continue our jounry only because we were leaving such a nicely equipped camping park. Had we been staying in the area longer, we would have easily been able to enjoy the numerous lakes and swimming ponds as well as the close proximity to Plymouth and the number of historic attractions in the area. We will absolutely be back as soon as we are back east.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends