“Great food, great menu, great atmosphere, and great service!”
Review of Roobar - CLOSED

Roobar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great food, great menu, great atmosphere, and great service! The atmosphere was simultaneously sophisticated and comfortable. The service was both friendly and attentive.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere; it used to be an old rope factory, and there is a lot of exposed brick and high ceilings. The food and service were great! We took advantage of a Monday to Thursday prix fixe dinner option, which was $21.95 for three courses; and we really loved every course!

1  Thank LoveAGreatBnB
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I have been coming here for a few years and we always have a good experience. Waitstaff is friendly and does not do the typical "eye roll" when you come in with children (we have a 3 and a 6 year old) Crayons are given to them and the tables are lined with butcher's paper, so they have a canvas to keep them busy throughout the meal.

The menu is very good and they switch up the selections often enough not to become boring. Weeknights offer a great Prix Fixe menu. 3 courses for a little over $20 and the kid's menu is perfect for the little ones.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The wine list is so small I couldn't have a nice glass that I had been so looking forward to, and when the food came I thought it was strange there was no sauce on either plate, and by the time the bartender came back to check on us we were almost done but I did ask and she brought a small dish of sauce for the last bite. Anyone who is serving food in a restaurant should know what it is supposed to look like, including the chef!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been to this restaurant on a number of occasions, including new years eve dinner. They did better in terms of restaurant on new years vs. their typical service. I usually sit at the bar and order apps and martini's. The bar tenders are usually friendly and attentive, sometimes they are overwhelmed. If they don't get it right, they fix it or take it off the menu. Overall the food is good. Eggplant salad, tuna app, and scallop pizza are worth a try for sure! The fact that you can order 1/2 orders for some entree's is nice.