“Great Food, Poorly Trained Wait Staff”
Review of Union Fish - CLOSED

Union Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Plymouth, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Poorly Trained Wait Staff”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Upstairs in the dining room. Food was excellent. But the waitperson was untrained. Beverages were served with her hands over the top of the glass - a no no in fine restaurants, since guests do not want to put their mouths were the server put his/her dirty fingers. Hot tea was served with the tea bag already in the tea, so it was too dark and no dish or saucer was provided to put the used tea bag in. Do they really want it on the tablecloth? Again, the food was excellent. If now, someone would only train the servers.

1 Thank L L

Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another try that went horrible”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Plymouth is such a hot spot for water views and competing restaurants!!! Union fish has had many owners over the years and I always go out of my way to try it out since my family lives in Plymouth! However this time it went horrible.
I went to this restaurant with my family, table of 7, and the waitress and views were great!!! We were the only party upstairs, even better! The drinks were amazing, ordered a White June! However, the ceiling fans kept turning on and off and there was a light right above our head that kept flickering which made the dining experience awkward. So far, our dining experience was going okay until they brought out the food!
I know it is a seafood restaurant but I thought id take a chance and order the steak tips, poor
decision! The plate came out and my mashed potatoes were cold, asparagus cold and my steak lukewarm. I was devastated because I hate returning plates to the kitchen. The waitress was very understanding and brought out a fresh second plate and the tips were very good! However the mashed potatoes were cold again! Come to find out everyone's plates at the table were only lukewarm.
How does this happen in a kitchen, especially when we were the ONLY party upstairs? After this dining experience Union Fish really disappointed me and I am not sure if I will go back! I do want to try the new Union Fish that opened up in the Hingham Shipyard but the Plymouth experience is holding me back!

1 Thank Erin D
“Delicious and Beautiful”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and our newlywed son and daughter-in-law went to Union Fish in early September at my request for my birthday celebration. It was a cool night so it was quiet in the outside restaurant/bar but we ate there because I love the views. The service was great and the dinner; haddock for me and my daughter-in-law, was unbelievable! It was our second time there and I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank kathleen t
Nutley, New Jersey
“Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We recently held a rehearsal dinner at Union Fish. The event was a great success! The upstairs room had a beautiful view of the harbor and was very comfortable. All of our meal choices (steak tips, roasted chicken, haddock and mushroom ravioli) were delicious! The chef made a special meal for a specific dietary need that was also delicious and not just an afterthought as we have experienced in other restaurants. Our servers and bartender were so friendly, gracious and attentive. They kept everything running smoothly without ever making us feel rushed. We had many guests join us after having dinner downstairs in the restaurant and they were also very happy. The cheese platter was a big hit both before and after the dinner. Krista spent a great deal of time with us on the phone as we were planning for this event from a distance. We truly appreciated her patience and understanding as we worked through all of the special needs and accomodations. We would definitely recommend Union Fish to anyone planning a special event in the Plymouth area!

• Visited August 2013
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Amazing Views. Decent Drinks. TERRIBLE food.”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I live in Plymouth and hands down had the worst meal at Union Fish. I want this restaurant to succeed. I want to go there but honestly after giving it a try a few times over the past few years, all set unless I go for just a cocktail and the views of the harbor.

I met a friend and we had cocktails to start with. Unfortunately the waitress while pleasant enough could not answer our questions about the drink menu. I ended up getting a martini even though I wanted a drink with ice. Drinks were just "okay".

The bread was not good.

The meals were terrible. I got the fish tacos and the salsa, store bought. Guacamole store bought, lettuce was chopped and brown, fish not fresh taste and once again store bought tortillas. My friend's chicken wrap was okay but she said tasteless. The fries not tasty.

Sorry all set here....East Bay 100% better!

• Visited August 2013