“Full of interesting history”

Jabez Howland House
Ranked #16 of 70 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Howland, the son of two Mayflower passengers, bought this house in 1667.
Reviewed May 3, 2012

If in Plymouth don't miss this house. The staff was very friendly and took time to answer any questions you have. The house is full of artifacts and interesting pieces. It does have a small gift store.

1  Thank bcsanig

Reviewed August 9, 2011

What a great tour. The house is small, but they manage to pack a lot of history and interesting facts in the tour. Since the house was built over time, you can compare how people lived from throughout the colonial era. Who knew 1750 was so different from 1650? Our tour guide was friendly and fun. Since you will probably be the only ones on the tour at any given time, the guide can adjust to the needs and interests of your group. WIth the AAA discount, the tour only cost us $5 and it was the best $5 we spent on our entire trip.

2  Thank AliB10042
A TripAdvisor Member
Hoffman Estates, IL
Reviewed January 27, 2003

I am a descendent of John Howland who is the father of Jabez Howland. I have not been to the house recently but I visited it quite frequently when I was younger. If anyone is interested I have tons of information on the house and some of the descendents.

I hope you enjoy my family's house.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member