“The other Plymouth! ”

Pilgrim Hall Museum
Ranked #6 of 74 things to do in Plymouth
More attraction details
Owner description: America's oldest public museum is dedicated to the preservation and presentation of both Native American and Pilgrim artifacts.
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Being an English plymothian I thought I knew all about the Pilgrim fathers seeing as we have the mayflower steps in my home town. How wrong I was! This museum was so informative and full of momentos of the Pilgrims. My family and I found it very moving. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.worth the 3000 mile trip!

1  Thank graysloplymouth
"pilgrim fathers"
"love history"
"mayflower passengers"

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit and learned a lot! The number and variety of artifacts was quite impressive. We especially enjoyed seeing the Winslow family crest and personal items of Edward Winslow and Mary Chilton.

The museum docent was very nice and shared several stories with us, including a story about Penelope's missing shoe.

Definitely a must see if you are doing the "pilgrim" tour!

1  Thank Amy H
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this and liked the lower floor the best. We were told there were objects that came on mayflower but it was confusing which ones did come over. After we were finished we asked for clarification only to find they had a list. Wish we had that to start with. It was a good value.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A good addition to a tour of Plymouth. The compact museum gives a glimpse into the pilgrims and their life. The typical artifacts are combined with a small theatre where you can enjoy a short film that is very informative. There are also several paintings on display relative ti the time.