“Suprisingly awesome”

Ranked #1 of 2 Plainville B&B and Inns
Newport News, Virginia
“Suprisingly awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I came up for a weekend family visit. The hotel is awesome. The internet is fast and reliable. I've only been kicked off once in the morning, when I assume everyone was using it. The beds are really comfortable and they give you four pillows (2 firm, 2 soft). The pillows are a little small, but I have a small head, so that doesn't bother me. It still has the new hotel feel. It's clean and quiet. I stayed on the second floor near the elevator, and could not hear it at all.

I was pleasently surprised at the quality. It's less than 10 minutes from Gillette stadium. The decor is modern and sleek. A relative recommended this hotel to me and says he always uses if he needs a getaway for the weekend. It does have a pool, but it is only 3 - 6 feet deep and would maybe fit 10 people in it and be full. Nice for a quick cool off, but don't expect to be swimming laps. I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

First stay was June 2010 for The Eagles concert at Foxborough. They hotel had only been open for a month or so. This hotel has one of the nicest decor I've ever seen at any price point. From the lobby to the rooms, great touches.

This time we came back for shopping at the Wrentham outlets, just a short drive away. Again, this hotel did not disappoint. Breakfast is great, coffee was delicious and available all day. We had an issue with the TV, we had somehow put it on HDMI3 and didn't know how to get it back to HDMI1 (whatever those things mean), anyway the front desk clerk fixed it and was very nice.

Great hotel, close to Foxborough for concerts and games and close to outlet shopping.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

A pleasant surprise of a hotel with fairly big room, even with a cot put in for one of my children. The breakfast was pretty good for free, with a funky pancake machine that turns out hotcakes when you push a button, great English muffins, fruit, yogurts, cereal, the usual stuff including eggs and bacon and sausage, too. The staff was very friendly, though we had to load our own luggage onto the rack and bring it up ourselves (no bellman). It's small (3 floors), and was pretty quiet. We ate at a really good restaurant's bar at Lafayette's down the road. Most people, I believe, are in town for a game at the Gillette stadium or to go shopping at the outlet mall. We checked out Patriot Place, stores around the stadium. Just your usual mall stores, so uninteresting to us. We were here to look at a college nearby; good choice if you want a clean room and a good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pampie1
Canton, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

My family and I just stayed at this property for a full week. When we first arrived, I was impressed by the newness of the place (open for less than a year), friendliness of the front desk and overall location. Unfortunately, once our heads hit the pillows, that was the end of being impressed.

The first night there was a bad rain storm. Our room (312) leaked and dripped all night on the window sill. You can imagine starting at 2:00am, drip ... drip ... drip ... drip ... I didn't expect that the hotel could control the storm, but you would think that expecting a room to not leak wouldn't be a lot to ask.

At 3:00, and after trying to muffle the drip with every towel in our room, I went downstairs to see if we could switch to another room. Of course I was told the place was booked and that we had to enjoy the wonderful water feature in the room until checkouts the next day.

I decided to stay in the lobby until morning and at 7:00 made sure the new front desk clerk understood how upset my family was after a night of no sleep and that we had to move to a new room. Our room was ready at about 4:00 that afternoon.

Of course, we moved our own stuff to the new room (why would they offer to help, right?) as soon as we could. Upon exchanging keys with the old room (312) for the new room (304) I asked what the manager was planning to do to make good for the lost night of sleep. I was told there was a message for the manager and that it would be taken care of. I thanked the desk clerk and said I appreciated them addressing it now rather than when I checked out.

Thursday morning my family and I checked out and found our bill unchanged, no credits, no extra points, and no appology from the manager. I tried to make an issue with the front desk who was on at the time but no surprise, it was not something she could fix. She said the manager had to personally address it. I left my cell phone number and was told to expect a call by 3:00 that day. That was Thursday and today is Sunday. My phone is still not ringing as I type this and at this point, you can keep your $110.

Breakfast was consistent, wi-fi signal was spotty at best, rooms were cleaned well (although seemed to be done late in the afternoon each day) and as best as I could tell, the manager only worked from 10-2 each day so if you need him and you have plans during the day that include something other than sitting in the hotel each day, you may have a problem.

Room Tip: do not request 312 unless zero chance of rain
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jlaney101
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Stayed at the hotel with four friends for a girls night out. We went shopping at the Wrentham outlets and booked the Shoppers Package at the hotel which included a gift card to the outlets and a cute little gift bag at check-in. Hotel is beautiful. Completely non-smoking hotel (fabulous). Clean and beautifully decorated. The art work was really nice - not standard hotel artwork. We had the hospitality suite plus another room that connected. It was great!! The staff was friendly and professional. The fitness center was very nice. The one thing everyone commented on was how clean the hotel was and how bright the corridors were. The rooms were great, beds were very comfortable and had both firm and soft pillows on the bed to choose from. There were two very nice restaurants minutes from the hotel. (Tavern from the Tower and Chieftan Pub). These restaurants were recommended by the young woman at the front desk and were great choices. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. The location of the hotel is one minute from the highway which is perfect. I'm picky about hotels and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Plainville, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
I am glad to hear that you had an excellent stay with us while shopping in Wrentham. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope that you come visit us again on your next trip to the area.
glastonbury, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I thought this was a great value for the price. The room and bathroom were clean and well decorated. There was a large HD flat screen tv with lots of channels to choose from. The bed was extremely comfortable. The desk person was very friendly and informative. The free breakfast was as good or better than the regular continental breakfast you get- they had hot cinnamon rolls, choice of cereals, yogurt, fruit. They had some scrambled eggs, but I'm guessing they are not any better than anyone else's instant or microwave scambled eggs. Right on route 1, right off of 495, not far from Gillette stadium. Room was very quiet, even with being off a major road. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mqotw
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Plainville, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel a great value the price. We appreciate your feedback and truly hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

This Hotel is perfectly located for Wrentham shoppers. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel for someone looking for a newly renovated and clean place to stay.
My only somewhat negative comment is that rooms at the from of the building can be noisy from cars on the street.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plainville
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express in Plainville? Share your experiences!