“confortable, good size room”

Crowne Plaza Pittsfield
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
Reviewed September 9, 2013

ok, so the building looks like the Middlesex County Jail, but the rooms are fairly large and comfortable, and my corner room was quiet. The front desk, though very friendly, were a bit vacant...went down to settle my bill and was immediately locked out of my room. Did not eat there, but took advantage of their great pool

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clif4nyc
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Clif4nyc,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Pittsfield

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ended up at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield sort of by accident -- seems all of the charming inns and hotels in Lenox and Stockbridge get booked 8-10 months in advance and we were calling in January for July! We weren't expecting much as a result. And were we ever surprised! First of all, the Crowne Plaza (unlike MANY of those charming inns and b&b's) is fully air-conditioned! As it was a cool 93 degrees and pure humidity during our stay, this was a blessing. We asked the hotel if we could use the kitchen refrigerator and they did us one better: they delivered a mini-fridge to the room. I would avoid the breakfast (head to Spoon in Lenox, instead) but I wouldn't laugh at this option for your Berkshires long weekend. Oh, and it's a 5-minute walk to Baba Louie's, a terrific pizza place with organic ingredients.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank blondventures
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

If you really have to go to Pitssfield,and I don't suggest it as there's nothing to do/see unless I guess they organise events, this hotel is a good choice. It's located in the middle of inexistent main street where shops and restaurants are. Despite the apparence, it wasn't perfectly clean (i had to pick up something which fell under the bed and i saw a toothbrush...how disgusting!! But apart from that everything seemed perfectly clean and fresh!) the breakfast was good and fresh with a good variety and the staff was friendly and ready to help. I didn't have the chance to use the swimming pool but it seemed cool.
So despite the little issue with the room I'd suggest it!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had already booked my stay when I saw the reviews. Those reviews made me concerned about staying here, but upon my arrival and viewing of the room I was relieved. Most of the reviews are factually correct, but it is also a matter of perspective and what is important to you when staying at any hotel. I will try and touch on the things in other reviews that made me nervous. I will agree that the price, $128.00 a night, is pretty high considering there is nothing special about the hotel room, or the hotel--I'm comparing it to other hotels with similar amenities and rooms. It would be nice for the Crown Plaza to provide a Complimentary Continental Breakfast considering most of the comparable hotels do. The room had two double beds, a desk and chair, a side table and chair, a nightstand, and a dresser with the flat-screen t.v. on it--all pretty standard. I had no problem with the cleanliness, I could walk barefoot on my carpet. I did find a silly band bracelet under the bed from the last people who occupied the room, but I was only looking because I thought I dropped something. My pillows were also small squares, but there were four of them to a bed--and an extra in the closet--so it worked out okay. I was slightly uncomfortable because the bed did sink in the middle making my back hurt. It was uncomfortable to sleep on. We had no problem with the bed linens or towels--both were clean, neat, and fluffy. I did not park in the garage, there are a few spots available outside of the garage and I took the opportunity to park there considering some of the reviews and a sign posted on the garage about "excuse the appearance while they remodel". The room air conditioner was loud, it would go on and off to adjust the room temperature and it was very noticeable. The room did have a sink outside the real bathroom. Both counters are low. The coffee pot is there, with no plug. The sink is convenient if you have more than one person getting dressed at the same time. The location, on a side street off the main road in town was nice. It was quiet yet convenient. We walked parts of the street each day we were there. We found plenty of local restaurants and shops. There's even a Big Y and a Ben and Jerry's. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. When we checked in they gave us a list of some of the local restaurants. If we needed anything, extra towels or blankets, it was delivered within five minutes. We did stop by the restaurant/bar and found it clean and neat. It's not a big place, I don't think a big family could fit all at one table, but it serves it's purpose. We did not dine there because we did find it a tad pricey compared to other surrounding restaurants for similar menu items. They also have a small menu, only four/five entrees for dinner. The restaurant/bar is separated from the hallway by glass, so you can see the patrons while walking to the pool. There is a small sitting area outside the restaurant/bar, "separated" by the hallway next to the fitness room. We did not go in the fitness room, or see it because it was behind a door that was closed.The pool and jacuzzi were nice. Other guests did leave things, empty beer cans and dirty towels, which didn't seem to get picked up until the pool closed/before it opened the next day. The outside deck is open and spacious, you can see the mountains and the roof-tops--so depending on how picky you are you may not be happy. I do have to say the deck floor, cement, is rough and could really use a resurfacing/repair and repainting. That is the only real big maintenance issue I could see. Overall it was a nice quiet visit, convenient to the center of town and the shops and restaurants. Would I go back? Maybe.......I'd love it if they had more comfortable beds, a more family friendly restaurant--both in price and menu choices, and a Continental Breakfast.

Room Tip: I would stay away form the pool rooms, while convenient if you want to swim, the pool is open until...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DealMom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear DealMom,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It's great to hear that you liked our friendly staff and location. Our hotel is situated within minutes of area businesses and major attractions. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the quality of our bedding and restaurant services. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P

Reviewed August 14, 2013

One could argue a tad overpriced, but great pool, great breakfast bar, friendly staff. Decent location, easy access to Stockbridge and the fancy places of Berkshire.The town itself had some New England charm, and we were directed to to nice Irish pub right across the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a very relaxing week in the Berkshires. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield. Everyone seemed to try to make things as easy as possible for us from the time we got there. We were offered a fridge and micro which was delivered by a maintenance man named Fran. He was prompt and polite, hooking up the appliances in just the right place and helping my husband to find enough outlets for his phone, Ipod etc. He made us feel welcome and at home from the first. Thank-you Fran and all of the Crowne Plaza staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were staying at this hotel for 2 days. We were planning to stay in Lenox however it was expensive so we picked Pittsfield because it was close and the rate was reasonable. . The hotel was just around the corner from the downtown strip. First, the city is old and depressed. No good restaurants at all. No shops either. Even the Movie Theatre was old.
The room was pretty basic. There were 2 sinks, one in a separate area before the REAL bathroom. The counters in there were made for children We could have sat on the floor to use the sink. The coffee maker was on the sink counter, odd. The room was small but had all the necessities. We could only get a queen size bed because the king size rooms were smoking rooms. We did not smell any smoke in the building so at least that was good.
The bed comfort was horrendous I think the floor would have been more comfortable. The pillows (I think they were pillows) uneven squares that were 12' by12". We requested 2 more (not much better) so Bring your own pillows!
Try to find a breakfast place because the buffet was horrible The fruit was hard so you couldn't eat it!! Unless you like Steam table food then don't waste your money.
Definitely did not enjoy my time. Would never go, and would never recommend it!

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more to stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carsrn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear carsrn,

Thank you for your business and your review. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

It is unfortunate to hear that your stay didn't live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had in your room and with some of our amenities. Additionally, I am sorry that you did not find our location to your liking. We deeply regret that these aspects have negatively affected your overall experience with us.

We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
#4 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Crowne Plaza Pittsfield? Share your experiences!