Being a Pittsfield native son I had fond memories of the then Berkshire Hilton, now Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield. We made plans by booking directly with the Hotel staff, and were very clear on our requests. The reservation staff was friendly and accomodating. We wanted a pool side room so our twins could swim as we were in town for a family event the next day. All seemed great during booking. But that soon came apart as we arrived. Although we requested early check-in, and we know it's not guaranteed, we arrived 30 mins early - not 2 hours - only to be told our room wasn't ready. C'mon really not ready at 2:30 for a 3PM checkin!
Then we asked our kids could swim while we waited....Hummm they had to check with the manager - really? When I asked if I could use the luggage cart sitting there to bring our bags in, they said someone was reserving it - another really? I just wanted to stage my luggage in the lobby so I could park in the garage, while the family waited for our "early check-in". Finally they tell us the kids can swim. Now it's 3PM and I check in. I get to the room, and it's the room I reserved or asked for - now I'm getting really frustrated. Checking the room it's not really cleaned or outfitted with the linens for the pull-out couch/bed. No pillows for the kids. There's stale cookie or craker crumbs in the pull-out.
And the air-conditioner sounds like a small jet plane from the regional airport on the south side of town. If you turn it off, the heat from the pool area makes the room a soggy mess - like living in the Georgia swamps in July.
Now get this - we're told that the pool closes @ 3:30 for a private party. THEY DIDN'T tell us this when we booked the room! That's why we stayed there! To have the kids swim for the afternoon then go meet the family for dinner. So the main reason we stayed there for 160.00 a nite was to let the kids swim and hang out at the pool. So they were able to swim for all of 40 minutes and told to clear out because a wedding reception pre-party had the pool and bar area until early evening.
We asked why they didn't tell us the pool was not available for most of the day when we booked, and they said "We dunno know". Unbelievable attitude and not sense of customer satisfaction. I've stayed at Crowne Plaza's all over the country and Europe and have never seen such disregard from Staff for a guest.
1. Get all the event information for the hotel up front - if there's an event your stay accomodations will be limited at best
2. Avoid the bar, you can buy a nice dinner and drinks for a family of 4 for the price of 2 beers, 2 juices and a snack at the Pool Lounge
3. Stay in Williamstown or South County and get your monies worth.
4. The Sunday brunch is also notedly not noteworthy - bland and stale. You'd be better off going to a local breakfast joint. Too bad The Dakota closed down - that was a real value and very well done. They took pride in their fare and service.
Although my niece has blocked rooms for her Fall wedding there, I'll be staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Pittsfield-Berkshires Hotel offers a convenient downtown location, minutes from Berkshire attractions including several public golf courses,Tanglewood, Norman Rockwell Museum, Hancock Shaker Village, summer theater. One hour to Albany (NY) Airport. All guestrooms equipped with complimentary high speed internet. Free wireless Internet access in all public/lobby areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Pittsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Pittsfield Hotel Pittsfield
- Pittsfield Crowne Plaza