Berkshire Plaza Hotel
$69
$59
EconoLodge
$131
Yankee Suites Extended Stay(Pittsfield)(Great Value!)
$100
Lenox Inn(Lenox)
$43
White Horse Inn(Pittsfield)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast buffetquiet flooromelet stationrevenue managerbit wornindoor poolthe hotel staffberkshire museumdowntown areaone night staycomfortable stayconvenient locationjiminy peakgracepoolsidecolonialski
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Clean room. Two folks really stood out - the first was a gentleman in the bar who was friendly and helpful. I had a bottle of wine and a steak - all good. The second was a fantastic blond security guard. She told me where to eat, walked me out, and was just so very pleasent.

Location was excellent! Plenty of places to walk for food and there was even a grocery store. I would stay here again without reservation.

Room Tip: Go high for great views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was exceptionally good for my 5 day stay with a Road Scholar program. The hotel staff were so nice and helpful, with the warmest greeting upon arrival and quick registration as I was running late to join the group. Our group had catered buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner most days, and the catering staff also were exceptional. The hotel itself is well done with spacious hallways and clean updated rooms. Warm wood decor has been used throughout. There is a large outdoor deck on the same level as a well lit pool, exercise area, a contemporary decor restaurant, sunlit bar, meeting rooms and lounging area all on the second floor....and all so bright and airy. The bathroom included a wall mounted magnifier mirror along with the standard bathroom inclusions. This combined with all the arts events that the Berkshires had to offer made for an exceptional stay. I might add that if you are not with a tour group you would need a vehicle to access all there is to do in the area, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was staying in Pittsfield overnight for business. Chose the Crowne Plaza because of brand recognition and not knowing the other hotels in the area. Check in was really speedy. I don't think I was even a minute at the front desk. Loved the fact that I didn't have to ask for an internet key. It was written on the back of my room key packet and the desk clerk informed me of this when I checked in, No charge for internet access, which is sooo very nice. Could not get access in the areas like the restaurant though. Great value for the queen room...$149 a night single occupancy. Beds was really comfy and the room was clean. Furnishings and carpet are a bit dated. Got a nonsmoking room, which was fine, but there was a slight smell of cigarettes in the hallway. Stayed on the 12th floor. Sound proofing was only so-so...could hear the person in the next room blowing their nose in the bathroom. Shower was okay, but the shower head is really low. I am on the short side (5'3") and still felt that it was too low. Had a nice flat screen TV, desk and a sofa and coffee table. It's a good solid hotel to stay at, but nothing over the top. Safe, confortable and a good value, but needs some attention and updating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michie1291
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Fourth visit in two years:not a corporate traveler. Spent too much money to overlook a flat roof and have any view obstructed by another building. Previous visits: no problem. Problem with this recent visit in August: asked to be moved if possible. No response from Front Desk: called them after 20 minutes and was told they already contacted us we couldn't be moved. Flat out lie that we were contacted and no apology from front desk agent. Manager on duty tried to accommodate but could not move us after my partner spoke with him. Have emailed management twice to discuss this and no response . Bed was comfortable, pillows were terrible. Housekeeping overlooks cleaning mirrors. Always looked forward to staying when visiting family and friends: will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank starlightCapeCod
IHGCare, IHGCare at Berkshire Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear starlightCapeCod,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hotel is clean, but sheets are rough. So are towels. There is nowhere of interest to walk around hotel. Lobby is very nice and so is pool. Very disappointed in location. Advice is to stay in Lenox which is very pretty. Was on a bus tour so had no choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Berkshire Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear dlOrah75,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the hotel's lobby and pool to be very nice. We want every guest to receive comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the bed sheets and towel. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G