“Yuck!”
Review of On A Roll Cafe

On A Roll Cafe
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: An upscale cafe in downtown Pittsfield serving an eclectic menu. 3 time winner of the Berkshire Eagle's Best of the Berkshires Award for "Best Lunch Spot". We take a huge amount of pride in what we do and make almost everything from scratch. Our breads, pastries, salad dressings, corned beef hash & breakfast sausage are made in-house, and we butcher and roast our own meats for sandwiches. Come join us for some of the best breakfast & lunch in the Berkshires!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuck!”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I had wandered in to this supposed cafe one day by accident when I was on my way to the bank and decided to stop for a bite to eat cause I was on my lunch break. I started off with the butternut bisque after the waitress suggested it and said it was the best soup in the house so when I ate some of it it tasted like I was eating burnt garlic and rotten eggs. Next up was the tuna fish sandwich witch was a whoopping $9.00 and that too tasted like the mayonnaise had become rancid from being left out all day. So I went and gave this little would be restaurant one last chance and ordered the gazpacho to go which made me nauseous by the time I got back to work and then I had to go home sick for the next two days. I don't know what everybody else likes and sees in this place so they can have it!

1 Thank BigTimeEater

Cedar Falls, Iowa
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed October 17, 2009

We found this cafe by accident while walking around downtown Pittsfield. It is hidden inside a building that mostly houses offices, but also a couple of stores and another restaurant. I wasn't very hungry, but had soup and some spring rolls. The soup was roasted eggplant, and was very good. The spring rolls were just so-so; not like any spring rolls I've ever tasted, and not what I was expecting. We split a dessert. We were told the dessert was going to be chocolate mousse with something else (cinnamon, I believe). I didn't see any mousse in it. It was more like a cheesecake, with a chocolate crust underneath. It did taste very good!

On A Roll cafe is decorated in the manner of a French cafe. We liked the decor, and thought the food was good, and the service was very good and friendly.

Boston
“Good breakfast fare”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

A cut above the standard breakfast. Pancakes did not seem to come from a mix, the corned beef hash and sourdough toast were excellent, and service was solid.

Baltimore
“Pretty good brunch”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We had a pretty good Sunday brunch; the cafe was not crowded at all. Decent food, good service, but no fresh OJ. The interior was nice, but the cafe is located inside a commercial building.

Hancock, Massachusetts
“Really good!”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Creative variations on the common sandwich and the common salad. The owner prepares the food, which is really yummy, and the wait staff are friendly and helpful. A great place for lunch. If this place were in NYC or Boston, it would be famous!