“Never going back.”

House of India
Ranked #71 of 178 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We used to order out from there all the time. One night I ordered food and the chicken tikka masala was so hot that it literally melted the bottom of the container it was in and spilled everywhere in the take out bag. I got home and saw this and called them up asking them to give me another order. They said sorry, it was my fault and if i needed another order i would have to pay for it. He continued to tell me that it was perfectly fine when he handed it to me. I tried to explain that the bottom of the container of the sauce was too hot and he just kept telling me that they would not replace it. The owner was just so rude to me and kept saying it was my fault. I finally just told him that I will never eat there again. He hung up on me. Was their food good...yes, I ordered from there at least twice a month. Will I ever go there again...Never. All they care about is money...not their customers.

1  Thank Christine F

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stopped here for dinner, having past by it many times in the past few years, and am glad that I did. The restaurant is neatly set up, white table clothes, well detailed tables, and service is excellent. I tried the Aloo Gobi and found it quite good. The Poori was excellent. I would recommend this to any Indian Food fans. CH

1  Thank chazmatters
Reviewed January 13, 2014

my boyfriend and I eat here all the time. We get takeout from this place once a week. The food is delicious and I've had no problems at all with the servers or the restaurant owners or anyone who works there. The building might look a little bit run down but so what? It's not just a restaurant there's apartments above the restaurant. So for people say it looks scary from the outside is quite silly. and in response to one of the previous reviews that I read, why would they serve alfredo sauce and Indian restaurant? Seriously. The food is delicious and its good quality and good value.I'm surprised to read any negative reviews. I think if certain people had such a horrible experience is perhaps they were giving attitude themselves to begin with. I consider this my favorite restaurant in the Pittsfied.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Mediocre Indian food, but if you like Indian Bolllywood videos, this is the place for you, they constantly play on the TVs around the dining room.

1  Thank Richard W W
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were a bit hesitant based on some of the negative reviews, but I am glad we did not stay away. My BF and I are happy to have found this play, so close to home. I couldn't find any fault with anything that we had. We had veggie samosas, naan, chicken biryani and gobhi alu. Everything was spot on. We asked for it a bit more spicy and they delivered. The chutneys and sauces that were served were fresh and delicious. The portions were generous. The server was attentive and everything came out quickly. The atmosphere is cozy and pleasant. We will definitely be back! I can't wait to try some of their other offereings.