“Delicious food and wine!”
Review of Trattoria Rustica

Trattoria Rustica
Ranked #18 of 170 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Massachusetts
“Delicious food and wine!”
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Tratorria Rustica is a fabulous restaurant! I have been here many times and never was treated rudely by anyone working there. A fine glass of wine is available for less than $10. The meals are all individually prepared and done to perfection. The prices may seem high, but are in line with other fine dining establishments.

Hudson, Massachusetts
“Lovely meal if you can ignore the owner...”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

It is a hidden gem of limited items but lovely wines and except for the obnoxious amount of butter, the food is simple and very well executed. The owner is a crusty individual, not very pleasant, who does run his establishment with an iron fist. Our server - Ian was extremely professional and very ANAL about the appearance of the table and placings, yet with a passion for the food and the wine list that was very impressive. We enjoyed the ravioli appetizer very stuffed with goat cheese and delicately seasoned with truffle oil, a charcuterie plate with figs, ravioli that were bursting with filling (unfortunately the "oil" floating in the sauce was more butter than it was olive oil), and we shared the fish dish of the day - a wood oven roasted full fish that was incredibly moist and flavorful, very delicate yet tasty, accompanied by winter vegetables. The bread was crusty and the olive oil - superb quality. Beware that there IS a dress code - Business Casual at a minimum, and because it is small and dark and THE best restaurant in the area, it packs quite a bit of people, so reservations ARE a must. If you engage the staff and get them to drop their guard a bit, you will find them very approachable and their passion for the place is evident - however they walk with a stiff upper lift under the "hawk eye musolini aura" of the owner... He will run his restaurant his way. It is pricey and I think he really would prefer to cater to an upper scale clientele IF the economy would only allow for the upper crust patron to visit. However, us middle class peasants with beer budgets and champagne taste, did have an opportunity to enjoy fine dining and cleanse our palate from the gastronomic insult presented by Arizona Pizza Co. (have I said enough its terrible?)

1 Thank Rita V
umbria
“Terrible Food and service”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

What a mistake to take my wife to this restaurant.
The food was poorly prepared, besides terrible service.
We are Italian and prefer Olive Gardens food over this.
Both are not good.
I would not visit this restaurant, as it is expensive and sub-par

Upstate, Ny
“Terrible Service--high prices”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were in the Pittsfield area on Saturday and had dinner at the Trattoria Rustica. We had a reservation for 5:00 p.m. and when we arrived there were only 2 other tables occupied. All of the waitstaff was standing around at the bar. We wanted to order drinks and relax a bit but the waiter moved us along -- asking us to place our order when we ordered drinks--the restaurant was more than half empty....We had to ask 3 times to have our water refilled, we were not asked if we would like another drink with dinner, and the when pasta dish was served and the waiter immediately left. We asked for more bread and two pieces were brought with no oil. For a relatively pricey restaurant the service is absolutely terrible. The waitress who was to refill water, etc. had an attitude. A diner at the next table asked for an adjustment to a menu item and was told "no". I would never go back and would not recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank TaylorUpstate_NY
PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed October 1, 2009

At first you will be impressed by the atmosphere, but do not let that fool you!

My wife ordered the eggplant. We know that the waitress got the correct order, because she even suggested a wine that goes well with eggplant. When the food arrived, they brought my wife a big fish with a head on it, certainly not eggplant. When we told the server that it was not what she ordered, she said that we could either take the fish or get a salad because the eggplant would take too long for the to make. So there is my wife eating a "salad" which is just a bowl of greens. I got the swordfish which was very good, but much too meager a portion for $30, especially for an Italian restaurant.

When to bill arrives, we notice that they have charged us for the salad. The least they could have done is comped us the $8 salad, considering the problems they caused. The bill came to $70 which was large considering that one of us had a salad. Feeling generous, I tipped 10% and paid $77 which was more than I should have. The next day I checked my credit card and they charged $84. I guess the waitress decided that she deserved more than I gave her and gave herself 20%. We are currently in the process of reporting them to the credit card company because they tried to steal a lousy $7. What a hassle! Please save yourself the trouble. There are plenty of other nice restaurants in Pittsfield.

1 Thank MovingToAlbany